How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreffnonX

02-22-2011

is the free-champ rotation going to take the growing number of heroes into account eventually by for example freeing more than the current number of heroes per week? This would maintain the chance for a typical hero to be open while slowly increasing the number of heroes free to play per week, thus allowing for even better matchups between new summoners.

harveyblade

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
is tristana stupid i'm sorry but i thin shs stupid by how week she is

e3rich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyblade View Post
is tristana stupid i'm sorry but i thin shs stupid by how week she is
what?

ChrisLew

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I tend to notice tht 2 weeks after a champion has been released it becomes free d(^_^d)

midgetkid99

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

thank you!!

Azfadel

02-22-2011

I really think it is quite stupid that Twitch HAS NEVER BEEN free to play. Seriously Riot, you say that it is your intention to allow all of us the chance to play every champ, and yet you never release him. Why is everyone so misguided when it comes to Twitch? It's not like your going win with him everytime you play him. Every champ has their own weakness, he has his. So please for the ******* love of Odin just release him already. I have litterally played every champ but him, and I don't want to save up and spend 6300 just to ''Try him out''.

craftyboy

02-22-2011

I dislike the fact they use simple champions you should put in hard to get champs everyonce in a while because if some one likes him or her or thing they will try harder to get it.

craftyboy

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyboy View Post
I dislike the fact they use simple champions you should put in hard to get champs everyonce in a while because if some one likes him or her or thing they will try harder to get it.
hi

Baron Absorc

02-22-2011

And Cassiopeia, its been a decade since i played against him, it would be cool turn it free som week

Richchikin

02-22-2011

While I believe the three goals are very accurate there's one point I would like to bring up.

I've played League of Legends for a long time and I have never seen Twitch in a rotation in any recent amount of time. I have not seen Twitch in a rotation in a very long time and I have only truly seen him a rotation once in the past few years. WHY?

I understand that until his ult was changed he could be interpreted as OP, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to play as him. Besides, most people can't play him well and they nerfed/changed his ult depending on how you look at it. So it's not like you can complain that Twitch is still crazy OP.I mean come on, one of your goals is that we can supposedly play them all eventually.

Also, I keep track of champion rotations and typically play some of the champs in each rotation that I am interested in. In other words, no I have not happened to miss every time that Twitch is in a rotation.

Thanks