How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortoos

02-15-2011

Put more kennen and trundle in the rotation pls! it's been over 8 weeks since either have been free!

Conrad Heinz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Why not have a voting system in which you post a poll or two with an assortment of the more complex and simple champions and when can vote.

Like : Simpler champions poll : Yi, Sirvir, Soraka, Ashe etc then
Complex champions : Blitzcrank, Mahlzahar, Olaf, Udyr etc or

450/1350 ip, 3150 ip 6300 ip polls. then just switch up the champions we can vote on.
Just an idea.

IS1499b7451e02f41f2e03d

02-15-2011

How you pick your 10 free champs:

"What combination will ensure maximum rage and frustration for the players?"

*Adds in Blitzcrank or Zilean and a random hero that newbs feed with like Ashe or Ez every time*

:trollface.jpg:

Fake Slayer

02-15-2011

put trundle in the rotation please, because i started playing 2 months ago and i never saw a single trundle

noowiningcookies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

okay soo is there really a point of putting in ashe, nunu, annie, and those champs that are worth 450 because i think you guys should just put in like 1 of 450ip, 2 of 1350ip, 4 of 3150ip and 3 of 6300ip champs so people can actually try the 6300 heroes before actually wasting 2 whole weeks of playing (if they are good) on some hero they wanted to try but turns out to not like because that hero is too difficult or not fun to play and when you rotate champs try not to put heim in so much because no one knows how to play him and put in rare heroes that people dont use often as well

Imnothypo

02-16-2011

I just started playing like 2 days ago, i was wondring these free chars do u get to keep them? or do we lose them when it changes to the next set of free chars to play?

optican

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothypo View Post
I just started playing like 2 days ago, i was wondring these free chars do u get to keep them? or do we lose them when it changes to the next set of free chars to play?
you do not get to keep any free champions after the week is over, but instead you will get a new set of champions to play as. this will help you decide what champion you want to purchase first. As a side note, because you will be learning to play new champions every week until you make your first purchase I recommend that you look/read online for guides on how to play a champion.

Tanaruk

02-16-2011

Out of curiousity would the gamers ever be able to suggest new heroes directly to you? And if you use their idea would that individual unlock that particular hero for free?

Ndogg36

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackalMan View Post
I personaly think that the weekly free champion rotation should regularly be rotated as the name implies, weekly. And as posted above, new champs should be rotated in the week they're released. I'm thinking rotate schedule should start Thursday night/Friday morning. That way the new rotation starts on the high traffic time , at least I'd think, of Friday - Sunday. That way you get the champ feedback fresh for the next work week. Also, since patch/content drops can be Tuesday or Wednesday and you can use that for marketing purposes: " Purchase the new champ with IP or RP and access them before they're rotated in!". Theres my 2 cents
Me as a player, I would rather not have the new champion free to use its first week. I hate getting queued every single game with the new champion on my team. I just like more variety in my league game rather than: Vlad, new champ, insert other champs here.

Proto Olimar

02-16-2011

casiopeia and the other more expensive champs should be free just a little bit more often.i know doing that would be losing a bit of money but it'll give people a good reason to spend more money on riot points if you really think about it! i mean, i REALLY wanna try cassiopeia and caitlyn, and all those other 6800 champs but if i buy one and HATE it then i would stop buying the 6800 champs. it makes sense!