How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thumpy

02-16-2010

the problem with allowing people to vote what champions to come up in the next weeks rotation is that there will most likely be a pattern in who's going to be picked.
i think the best way is for riot to choose 7 champions themselves to be on rotation.. then another 5... the community gets to vote for 3 of them.. and the top 3 become available next week along with the other 7.
this way it's slightly more fair and riot still have control rather than having twitch constantly. etc.

Martic

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

making people spend riot points...welcome to marketing...Thats kinda the whole point of selling a game eh? they have to make money some how. Not only does this make them money, but it gives those who were smart enough to save, or willing to dish out the perverbial dough, happy as well.

CertainDeath

02-22-2010

how about something like... after getting summoner lvl 10 (or higher) you get option to once a week choose any champ you want, to play him for one/two day/s + you cant choose same champion twice in a row.
Or you can make option, to buy champs for a day/week but for lower prices.

Another nice feature would be if owner of champ got rights to use them before people that got them for free.

Masoner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Ashe Ranged DPS
Ryze Mage
Teemo Ranged DPS

Those Champions were 2 weeks ago! Are you kkidding me? Give smth. new like Dr.Mundo, Twich or Gragas! I know that you wouldnt listen because you are the Big One and Big one dont want to listen small players.

nightmaremaster

02-23-2010

First of all i know how to spell,second of all please make anivia free on week 15. She is awsome! Third of all make gangplank free too, or how about warwick.

MindSlayer420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Bring back Gangplank!

Groumash

02-25-2010

I think that the rotation as it is now, IS ****ING GREAT?!?!, you can try out all the free champs, see if you like anyone of them, and then save up to buy them? YOU SHOULD NEVER GET TO CHOOSE WHO YOU WANT FOR FREE??? new players wouldn't know who they should picK? remember (they have never played before)

i think riot games is doing an amazing job! keep it up!!

dmatyrant

02-25-2010

Hey chris i got an idea to help new people and veterans to the game that dont own a champion they like yet.

Why not do however many champs you do but give one to the player to temp add that week because id like to play jax but i dont want to spend a few days farming IP just to be dissapointed because i cant just count on when you unlock people please consider

Gale

02-25-2010

I personally was hoping there was a dart board involved :P

That would be a fun way to pick em

Partack

02-26-2010

I'm probably too late to chime in here, but I just wanted to say, I think the way the rotation system you have going right now is intuitive and keeps things fresh. I wouldn't change a thing.. I like how it almost (but not really because they can simply buy the characters they like) forces people to try new characters out instead of sticking to their guns.

For example, this past week was a whirlwind of my opinions changing.. first I liked Rammus and I stuck with 'm getting comfortable, then the rotation came along and suddenly I was forced into trying something new and I'm glad I did , Tryndamere was a fun change and then trying out Nadile rocked everything up to the point I wasn't sure which I liked better..

perhaps there are some little slight things that you could tweak about the rotation, but I like it the way it is ^__^

since this will probably be my first and only post on these forums, (I'm not really a forum person) I also would like to take this opportunity (if anyone bothers to read it =P) to kiss some ass and say that Riot games makes me happy with many of their marketing and game-play choices. So, thanks and keep it up. ^__^

~PtK