How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiserableFortune

11-29-2013

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

Don't people beta test them before the champ is released?

Lucivus

11-30-2013

Well, it's not easy to get 6,300 IP...

HeyImLazy

12-02-2013

I agree w/ most of this but not for the same reasons. New champs should always be freee the first week because you dont want to regret buying a champ that you cant play... For example i bought varus the other day ( he isnt necesarrily NEW but i had never played him before ). Little old me thouht " i see people play varus all the time how hard can it be " .... needless to say i fed the next game , and the game after that. I wanted my money back as i realized he wasnt as easy as i thought he would be but i had used my 3 refunds already. Had he been free i wouldnt have needed to waste my money to buy a champ i cant play. Just saying this will help alot of people out there buying new champs as soon as they're patched in. ps: UNBANNN ME ROIT PLZZZZ!!! :/

MATTHEWSWAIN9

12-02-2013

I honestly think that they really need to lower the price of those 6300 Ip champions. I mean it takes about 80-140 games to get that ip and honestly thats like 50 hours of play or whatever i suck at math. Regardless, just too pricy honestly. I mean look at Dota, all the champs are free though that game sucks balls. Anyway the current system sucks, what makes fiddlesticks and Fizz 5000 Ip different? Honestly its too much money whoring. If they made it more balenced theyd probably pull in more money. GOd Riot help us all.

xXMisfireXx

12-02-2013

I think you should make Zac free for the next week because he's a good easy junglier and top laner

Dogiogi25

12-02-2013

Make Yorick free because he hasn't been free in a long time and there are many players who are just itching to try him out, myself and many others included.

Drength

12-02-2013

As a new player I think it would be nice to have a little blurb explaining why a set of champions are chosen.
Things like: this one is a good tank; that one counters this other one; and so on

I think that would make things easier on the newbies with so many years of content to sift through.

If something similar has been suggested before, I apologize, but I am not reading all 686 pages in this thread as that would just be ridiculous.

QuickestNinja

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEWSWAIN9 View Post
I honestly think that they really need to lower the price of those 6300 Ip champions. I mean it takes about 80-140 games to get that ip and honestly thats like 50 hours of play or whatever i suck at math. Regardless, just too pricy honestly. I mean look at Dota, all the champs are free though that game sucks balls. Anyway the current system sucks, what makes fiddlesticks and Fizz 5000 Ip different? Honestly its too much money whoring. If they made it more balenced theyd probably pull in more money. GOd Riot help us all.
The price of a champion will reflect the age of that champion. A few champions that have been around since the beginning would be Ryze, Annie, Ashe. Hence, the three that I mentioned cost 450IP to unlock. A new champion that gets released will cost 7000IP I believe, and then drop down to 6300IP. As more and more champions are introduced, some of the older champions are marked for a price reduction. That is basically how the champion pricing system works. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

QuickestNinja

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drength View Post
As a new player I think it would be nice to have a little blurb explaining why a set of champions are chosen.
Things like: this one is a good tank; that one counters this other one; and so on

I think that would make things easier on the newbies with so many years of content to sift through.

If something similar has been suggested before, I apologize, but I am not reading all 686 pages in this thread as that would just be ridiculous.
I think that this is a good idea but it might take up too much space to explain the counters of each champion. You can simply pick a champion you are interested in and search counters for that champion on Google. Note that most times counters only mean that you need to play more cautiously/safely. If you just started playing, I would not worry about counters too much. If a champion counters you hard, avoid feeding kills to that champion and call the jungler for a few ganks.

Cubical

12-02-2013

Allow players to preview all Champions eventually

I see through your bluff riot, and raise 1000 RP