How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ledz3p15

09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually
So this seems to get skipped a lot....Yorick? Poppy? anyone seen them free to name a couple? (don't tell me its because the champ sucks or they are cheap or they aren't popular). cause check out the section i just quoted...ALL CHAMPS FREE EVENTUALLY. nuff said.

MrJekylll

09-17-2013

For next week's, I would like to see yorick and lee sin please

Lilg54321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2013

I think that you should add a new thing into the system to decide what champions are in for the week, Put some of the least played champions overall into the pool to try and change the meta a bit when new players go into their ranked games making other champions look like a viable option and then they try it and get good at it and it snowballs into an effect where 1-2 champions per week that are played the fewest suddenly see a rise of playability and possibly see some tournament action. So you can have your system do 8 champions per week but pick 1-2 that don't get played as often if any at all.

Lilg54321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledz3p15 View Post
So this seems to get skipped a lot....Yorick? Poppy? anyone seen them free to name a couple? (don't tell me its because the champ sucks or they are cheap or they aren't popular). cause check out the section i just quoted...ALL CHAMPS FREE EVENTUALLY. nuff said.
I have seen them free this season, possibly just for one week but they have been free this season. Yorick and poppy tend to be harder to play for newer players so you don't see much action of them in the rotation.

looting

Master Recruiter

09-18-2013

Thanks

ASwiftKiwi

Recruiter

09-18-2013

can you put diana for free week next week? I was thinking about buying her but I wanted to try her first. Thanks!
-ASwiftKiwi

xeg17

09-18-2013

Can we have Orianna free next week? I've wanted to try her for quite a long time, as I love her lore and theme. But her high difficulty bar makes me want to try her first.

Ambadasdor

09-19-2013

Could we see Lissandra, Yorick or Caitlyn next week?

VinkolEnder

09-21-2013

Thanks

swergtron

09-22-2013

Well my question is why is yorick never free? Your pretty much saying champs that are simple are going to be seen in rotations more often yet yorick is rarely free. Probably the rarest champion in a sense.