How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SamuraiHeart

07-02-2013

It kind of pisses me off that Aatrox is free to play this week, he just came out and it feels like a slap in the face to players like me who bought him right away. Now all the people who don't own Aatrox will be playing him constantly....I just don't agree with making a champion that just came out free to play.

If I had known ahead of time they we're going to make him free to play so soon I wouldn't have wasted my RP or IP on him in the first place.

Vexful

07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalGetsugaa View Post
It kind of pisses me off that Aatrox is free to play this week, he just came out and it feels like a slap in the face to players like me who bought him right away. Now all the people who don't own Aatrox will be playing him constantly....I just don't agree with making a champion that just came out free to play.

If I had known ahead of time they we're going to make him free to play so soon I wouldn't have wasted my RP or IP on him in the first place.
And lots of them will play poorly. You forgot about that.

Transfixious

07-02-2013

Quote:

Like the thread states, all champions will be free at some point. You could have expected it in the near future, since he is the newest. One week is not a long time though. After this rotation is up, you will be free to use Aatrox whenever you'd like ... But it is good that people will get an opportunity to try him out without spending their points.

I am not trying to be rude to you by saying you should have waited, but you could have expected it to happen sooner or later. Most likely, sooner.

Weazyritzstrket

07-02-2013

the COMMUNITY has always given feed back different ways to do things ways to chose and pick things for free champion rotation U guys have just never taken them or even put them into place

HeroicColossus

07-02-2013

Quote:

I believe that every new champion that has come out has always been free two weeks after it came out. In fact it might even say that that is the case in this thread. I am not certain but I believe this is the case. So you can always expect the new champs to be free two weeks after their release.

dushpack

Recruiter

07-02-2013

thanks for this and i got more comfortable with the champion

greggoeT

07-03-2013

Am I the only one who thinks that Kha'Zix, Diana, and Fizz all HAVE to be free for once? I've seen Fizz once, and that was a long time ago. Compare that to Ezrael and Cait, who are free practically every month, sometimes multiple times a month, and it feels like the rotations focus on the same champs every week.

LoL needs to create more adcs, there's not enough to avoid feeling monotonousness during the free week rotations.

TNinjaTurtle

07-06-2013

can this week champion be jayce zigg kennen and leesin that because i want to know how op they are and other champ suck my opinion not your !_!

Goregrith

07-06-2013

i'd love to see mordekaiser be in the weekly free rotation sometime soon \m/

Titurius

07-06-2013

I would love to play as Zed for next weeks rotation.