How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pinillation96

05-01-2013

why neither galio or casiopeia heve been used in the champ rotation for at least 7 of them when i entered

Deceptorr

05-04-2013

It would be nice to see Vayne free this week.

Dragonilic

05-06-2013

Rengar please?! Waiting 4 weeks now, still no Rengar. What is this madness?

Kaidenze

05-06-2013

To bad half the time the client bugs and you can't even use any free champions.

Noctis Lunaris

05-06-2013

I'd love to see Rengar free, as well as Viktor and Trundle.Is there any guess as to how many weeks until any of them are available?

Nachofx14

05-06-2013

OMG!! These week free champs... So OP! Good Luck everybody.

zAsTrOz

05-06-2013

Good Guys!

Ergand

05-06-2013

First Cass free week in nearly a year.

XRichardCheeseX

05-06-2013

This week's free champion rotation that included olaf, wasnt good at all. These champions arent fun to play. give us some fun champs!

Danica1708

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris
Well, what if you took this basic concept and reviewed it before it was official to make sure those things didn't happen, and if something like that did happen, you could reset the scrambler program (or whatever system you're using, or even just switch out a champion manually) for the slots that need fixing? Could that work? I'm sorry if this seems rather ignorant, I'm not very knowledgeable about computer software and how programs like a scrambler would work and all. I hope you take this into consideration though!