How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bmp12

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipto1212 View Post
I agree with him. I think champs should be free to play the week they're released. It's so people can give them a try and not have to waist RP/IP to buy them if they don't like the champion, and if Riot is not making them free the first week on purpose I think (IN MY OPINION) it straight up cheap of them.
Well i would love to see new champs come on sale the week they are released but this is one of their main sources of prof-it.

lDaniel 13l

04-09-2013

This is very useful, yet rewarding for those who started in this kind of games, because we know the different types of champions and more or less done to champion the idea which is the one you want. ^ ^ Thanks for providing this support to any online game (you know) have this type of gameplay.
Sorry spanish is my first language.

Teh Elk

04-09-2013

!!!

Bezy

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

Champions get changed or nerf'd after the first week they are released. Imo, they should just keep it that they're free2play 2weeks after being out. Let people waste their money buying the champ, or spend their IP on it; that is how RIOT makes their money. They do need money, ya know.

malicebabe

Recruiter

04-10-2013

agreed, i think if you can afford it, you get the privilege of playing the character early.

aliceandsven

04-10-2013

That is not how competitive games should work, many of them don't, including ones in the same genre as this.

$5 dollars per skin with multiple skins per character, that is plenty of money. It's sad if you think a competitive game should be based on how wealthy someone is.

Dragonilic

04-12-2013

Can you guys put Rengar on the rotation? If he was, maybe I missed it.

AgentOrange0093

04-13-2013

I wanna see Rengar, Hecarim, Galio, Jayce, Zac, Vi and a couple other Champs put into the next line up for free to play... they seem like a bunch of champions that people have been wanting to play

CommandoWaffelz

04-14-2013

cool info

Bloodbeast69

04-15-2013

thats cool dident know that and i ve been playing for awhile!!