How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starwarsfan0678

03-24-2013

Do you guys post what the following week's free champs are? If so I'd like to know if there is or isn't. I'd like to know what the upcoming free champions are, so I know which ones I want to try out. Furthermore, I'm recommending LoL to a friend of mine and I'd like to know what champions are free so if he likes one, and is good with him/her then I can buy it for him as a gift. Thanks and please reply!

-Starwarsfan0678

The8thGeneration

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I would like to know if there is a system. I know there is always at least one champion for each role, but is there like another way you pick them. By names? Dates they came out? I also know what you have already said on how you choose the champions, but most of them are your choices. I was just wondering because it would be nice if there is a champion you want to buy, if we could know they will be free soon. Then we can wait and test them then, and see if we like them. Thanks.

NeverWolves

03-25-2013

Are we able to request champions for the weekly free champions

roxas18110

03-25-2013

hey can you plz add yorick more i haven't seen him on the free rotation in a long time if not at all

PunioDeAcero

03-25-2013

una pregunta.... ¿porque no pusieron a JAYCE en la lista de campeones gratis?.. no lo ví nunca

a question .... Why not put on the list JAYCE free champions? .. I never saw him.(I used "google translator")

Teamof10

03-25-2013

100000000/10 best free week ever! Guess i won't be studying at all

H0rnyDOGG

03-25-2013

OMG RIOT I ****ING LOVE U FINALLY IF U CAN CALL KHA A NEW CHAMP ON FREE WEEK... omg omg omg next up is elise omg and fizz omg omg who to play first riotttt i LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tristonien

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Love you riot peoples!

XxHaZzAxX

03-25-2013

do you do champion rotaions almost every tuesday?
can you put khazix free next rotation?

Illabye

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaZzAxX View Post
do you do champion rotaions almost every tuesday?
can you put khazix free next rotation?
Rotations are weekly and do start every Tuesday.
Kha'zix is free this week.