How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VelocityShots

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herborist View Post
So there's no pattern to it? It's all completely random?

I resent Riot every day a little more.
Lmfao why is there always a comment with over -30 in every thread? For major ones, its around 200-500 but for this one, its unbelieveable with OVER SEVEN HUNDRED!!
IM AMAZED!

ImmortalAura

01-24-2011

New champs should be added to the list for the week they are rotated. so everyone gets a chance to try them before they buy them, i bought leblanc/caitlyn/renekton and dont really like any of them. thats a waisted $20 right there lol but other then that the game is awesome! keep up the good work! <3

SirTimbo

01-24-2011

The only pattern I'd like to see, aside from the general minimum of 1 support, 1 tank, 1 mage, 1 phys dps, 1 jungler. Is to have maybe 1 medium difficulty, and 1 hard to use champion as well each week.

Gøggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Just wanted to say that I really wish RIOT would put some new 6300 IP champs into the mix. I've been playing LoL for a couple months and I have yet to play a TON of champs that I'm considering purchasing w/ RP, but I won't know until I get to try them out. Please give us Ezreal and Malzahar!

VaiSeig

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
well Riot! in itself is also a business, so remember they have to get persons to use Riot points to purchase content and by doing so, keep the game running. So although at times i DO think they should be free, the new champs are a way of keeping the game running :/

MrYukito

01-24-2011

I didn;t know that! I just figured it was the result of some weird from of scrabble or something =p

MrYukito

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSeig View Post
well Riot! in itself is also a business, so remember they have to get persons to use Riot points to purchase content and by doing so, keep the game running. So although at times i DO think they should be free, the new champs are a way of keeping the game running :/
I figure the week they come out is like the time where people buy them and use them then other people see them tested and just try them out the week after. Pretty much every champ in the past while has been on the rotation the week after they come out. I mean Udyr was a long time ago if you think about it...

Speper

01-24-2011

I am really intrested in trying our udyr, i jsut don't quite have the IP yet, anyway to know when his next free week would be? I'd love to actully try him before i spend all my ip on a champion i end up not likeing at all like fiddles

BabeCalculator

01-24-2011

Quote:
- RiotChris
I keep seeing the same champs in the rotation, even though you say that you try to make them even characters, i think you should also try to get in the less frequent ones in for a quick week. (ie. i havent seen kass or sona in a while)

i think you should have also just for fun, OP weeks and UP weeks.

Spartaan

01-24-2011

FFS Riot.

Stop putting Zilean, Ashe, and Heimerdinger in the rotation just because they're easy.

Every other week you're going to see one of them, that makes the usual rotation 7 champions.