How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyaeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephofdeath View Post
im wondering if you guys would have nidalee back on rotation sometime soon because i did not have a chance to try her out then one week she was released. since she is 3150 ip, i dont want to buy her then find out that i dont like her playing style... although she seems very intriguing.

i also bought twitch (6.3k ip omg) a couple weeks ago and am appalled at the number of bad twitches out there haha (along with blitz which i bought too with ip)
I wouldn't mind seeing Nidalee on rotation again myself. She was the first champ that I bought and also my favorite but she is pretty underplayed in my bracket. I like VSing champs that I play to learn new tricks.

XGDragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

It's been weeks since Anivia was available. Just saying.

jabbanobacca

01-26-2010

its been ages since karthus was free too

Crack09

01-27-2010

Week 10 is the last week of free champions or ?

Dark Hylian

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlando View Post
are you serious? youre asking people who wrote a game that has a "random" in the champion select if they can write a program to randomly select champions each week?

why is handpicking a problem to so many people? i think its the only way to go. if every game you play has a twitch in it, then why have him available in a free week? these are the types of things a random selection cant account for. player feedback on which champions theyd like to try is the only way to go.

keep in mind, theres 10 champs each week. theres a little over 50 champs. so it takes a little over a month to see them all. if you bought the game, even less than that. or you could just drop 35 bucks and get them all but 3 and not worry about which ones are free each week.

i wish we could see the stats of people who say the weekly selection method sucks. i bet >90% of their games are with one champ. its also annoying to hear people talk about losing pugs with people who suck trying out new characters when the most likely reason they lost is because they suck with their "main". get over yourselves, youre going to lose some games.

riot, keep hand picking the weekly champs based on community feedback. its the only way to go. why does my opinion matter? because the weekly free champion list doesnt apply to me.
I think what he meant was more like an AR in Dota, not about the random rotation switch, but I can be wrong

sarchon

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
I only started playing about 2 days ago and mainly only playing bot matches just to learn the characters, and I have already gotten plenty of IP to purchase NUNU. Granted NUNU is only 450 IP, but I like how that character plays and want to know how to play him better. What you purpose is an interesting idea but I doubt that they would implement it full time.

cheeeya

Recruiter

01-30-2010

I really wanted to try malphite do you think he could show up in week twelves rotation? I think hes only showed up twice so far, and I didn't get to use him. I want to try him out before I buy him. i looked through the list and blitz is going to be showing up for the 4th time if he comes out on week twelve and malphite only twice so far and they are both tanks so could they be swapped?

Syclla

02-01-2010

It'd be really nice if Malphite was free. Also even if you want the testing on the new heroes i'd recamend only let gragas be free because im sure patheon will be op and that you'll want people to buy him and do there own testing where if he's free and op he'll disrupt a whole week (or a few days of gaming). Just my personal take (Gragas doesn't sound 2 op but his ulti might need a nerf on the knock back range.

Isaldir

02-03-2010

I think it's too much focus on new heroes and too little focus on new maps.

Getting pretty tired of Summoner's Rift..

Fizzmix

02-03-2010

I've been reading alot of posts of people complaining about free champion selection and champ prices, ect. Unless you haven't realized, Riot is running a buisness. If you want to play certain champions, BUY THEM. Stop complaining about which ones are on rotation that week. Save yourself up some allowance money, and BUY something. Riot provides a FREE game for us to play, but we should be SUPPORTING them by PURCHASING things. And i'm not talking about your free IP points. BUY some riot points and PURCHASE something already! And stop complaining.

: )