How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duchess Snow

01-22-2013

I see nothing wrong with how things are now, the new champions needing to wait to be played is more of like them offering those who pay or play more the option to have something that not just everyone is playing for a bit, besides it's a FREE game, you don't have to pay unless you want specific things that you don't need at all. Not every free game has a rotation that includes All playable character being free at some point. Most of them require you to pay to play specific characters and such.

XNoodleMuncher

01-22-2013

Increase champion rotation free week?

BelowTheIce

01-22-2013

well, I'm okay with the cheaper champions being free more often.

Then you don't have to worry about spending your IP or RP on those champs and you can focus on the more expensive ones.

Rasengetsu

01-22-2013

All I want is for Blitzcrank/Ezreal to stop being free every 2 weeks, they are seeing WAY too much sunlight. He's banned every single draft game for a reason! Other than that I'm pretty happy with the way things are. The free champions usually give me an opertunity to try out my next purchase. I'm only missing like 17 champs so I'm at the point where it's more about getting a preview than champions to play.

IGoBigger

01-22-2013

Is there any way for Fizz to be a free champion for one week? I haven't seen him free yet and I've been wanting to try him out.

OTFDxDEamonseADx

01-22-2013

You guys should have a month dedicated to random group-based champs! What I mean to say is, you guys should have a period of time dedicated to a certain group in the game such as the Yordles, the Demacians, the Noxians, the Fredjordians, etc. It would make for a pretty interesting game set ups in Normal matches. Just imagine, 2 groups going at it with all Yordles/Demacians/etc. in all lanes! This would throw the game off its seriousness for a little and some players who, like myself, might have some fun just having a "fun" match where no matter who wins or losses, we can all have a laugh at the end. Many here are very serious and will blame everyone and everything for their losses and mistakes but then the others will make the best of this. Thanks RIOT!

soulfire363

Recruiter

01-22-2013

I'm completely happy and content with this method and practice. Thank you.

Willempie66

01-23-2013

I just want to ask, is it smart to make new champs ftp after a week or two?
Cause people wo spend money on new champs often don't like that the champ they bought with RP is free to play for everyone a week later.
If you would wait 5 weeks people woud buy the new champ sooner, so more people will buy RP and that's good for you isn't it?
So that takes care of both our problems.
Would it be an option you wait longer making them ftp, and if not, why not?

king of all12

01-23-2013

butts

EastarEggs

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
emm yo siempre e querido usar a fiora grasias