How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

01-22-2013

This thread. Please close it.

WIWWM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Thats what the PBE is for.

Urbannex

01-22-2013

I believe new champs should not be free the day they are released that completely takes away the fun of saving up for a champ who is about to be released, and also there's the issue of feeders. People says it isnt fair for those who have extra points, it is fair because they earned and saved them.

utametninja

01-22-2013

[Try relogging a lot and if that doesnt work contact Riot Games

TotoDudmas

01-22-2013

I have a little problem of the way you release your champions. This week was pretty good, but some champions have never been free for the past month. you are picking the same champs like every 2nd week, i know your trying to make it simple for new players, but for pro's it's just the boring same champs every week. This week i really like because i wanted to try karthus for a long time and hes finally free.
players ive never seen free are:
Syndra
Darius
Draven
etc,

TVUPirateBM

01-22-2013

Cho'gath always seems to be free :P

Not that I'm complaining, Cho'gath is a great champ that should always be played IMO, but he seems to be in there every other week!

Talrune

01-22-2013

I think that you need to stop making certain champions free. For example Miss Fortune, I don't even have to buy her since she is free every other week. Players may want to try other ADC carries like Ezreal,Vayne,Corki. Champs that are not free often. Yes I know you have made these champions free but not as often as MF. Every week I look and think to myself wow another free week for MF. Gets kind of dull after a while

vApexPredator

01-22-2013

cho is free ALOT, waiting for a week that you guys put kha zix and rengar free so we can enjoy the hidden passive

BenignFury

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talrune View Post
I think that you need to stop making certain champions free. For example Miss Fortune, I don't even have to buy her since she is free every other week. Players may want to try other ADC carries like Ezreal,Vayne,Corki. Champs that are not free often. Yes I know you have made these champions free but not as often as MF. Every week I look and think to myself wow another free week for MF. Gets kind of dull after a while
Most of the ADC are rotated out regularly. MF hasn't been "free" for a few weeks now. There are only so many ADC and they usually have 2 free ones every week...

DogiroNandaba

01-22-2013

I read a comment about Champions should be free their first week. I actually disagree. From a business standpoint? You don't make much money off something free. Because then you realize if you like them or not.

If you do? You end up buying it sure.. but.
If you don't like the champion, you don't have to pay for them.

It's a good way to make money by not making them free the first week the champion is out. People will buy the champ to play them, and realize after that they don't like them.

Sure, it seems unfair, but Riot needs money to keep adding onto this game. So I don't mind supporting them by disallowing the brand new champ to be free the first week.