How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

V Boss

01-21-2013

Lets have a week with zed.

Prøspect

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia Walrus View Post
So there's no pattern to it? It's all completely random?

I resent Riot every day a little more.
You resent them, even though you play their game... FOR FREE. Be grateful they don't charge and have created such a wonderful game.

Prøspect

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendralys View Post
The new champion becomes free during the 2nd week after it's been released. The reason for this is so Riot can make some money (since players who want to play the new champion right at release will be prone to purchasing it), and the community gets a chance to try out the new champion before they buy it. Just wait for the 2nd week after the release to try out the new champion.

P.S. I think it's better to wait anyway so that others get a chance to find out what items and team comps the new champion works best with so you don't completely screw yourself over. That way you can get straight into the game and not have to think "I wonder which items would work well with this champion. What about runes? Masteries? Team Comps?" I personally like the way they do it.
I agree sir, if you have the new champ free the first week, they will lose a lot of profits but more importantly, almost every game will be filled with the new champ because everyone wants to try him/her. Another reason it's good to wait a few weeks is because of how overpowered most new champions are, Riot hasn't had the chance to get feedback and make changes. Most new champs that get released get a nerf with the next patch.

Eujenga

01-21-2013

Im trying to buy lee sin but i can because i have 4131 but apparently on my ip thingy it says 4966 idk why its doing this can u help me?

Toughness

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eujenga View Post
Im trying to buy lee sin but i can because i have 4131 but apparently on my ip thingy it says 4966 idk why its doing this can u help me?
Having that Same problem -.- it says i have 3500 ip bt when i try to buy a champ for 3150, it tells me i dont have enough and that i have 3011.

*edit* :P
also when i played games to try to re-earn the ip it says i dont have, i got 0 ip, but the game told me i got 58 D:

Mrweird 42

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eujenga View Post
logging out then back in seemed to fix it for me

pepii7

01-22-2013

When will map change?

utametninja

01-22-2013

I would like if you put some heavy nukes because I am one of the people who likes to dominate in games I dont care if it is an attack dmg carry pls and ty

PUMA26

01-22-2013

when are you goin to have trundle?? i like him

Sir Dravatos

01-22-2013

alistar is not a tank ? FAIL