How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSnitches

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
A pattern where all champions are previewed eventually. I've seen dozens on dozens of champions put on the free week multiple times, and other champions never put there. It seems more like a "Pick twenty champions to rotate for a month or two" then anything.

Binxy Prime

01-05-2013

how about make all 450 IP champs free always, or maybe have 15 free champs so more can see the light of free week

Dracomancilian

01-05-2013

do you accept some requests for summoner creatures sometimes? and if so, could you add Shyvana to the free ones next week? i obviouslly like dragons and so would really like to be able to test her out and see if i am any good so i know whether or not it would be a waste to buy her.

Ochandor

01-05-2013

What if you made it so the players could choose one champ that they would get to use along with the free champs? that way if there's a person that you've really been wanting to try before you bought them you could make your own choice

Lobodeinvierno

01-05-2013

i think the rotation is almost fine, just would make the number of freeone's bigger, like 10 or 12.
And i liked Ochandor's idea, of choosing one you like to try for free week, you would just need to make that you can't choose de same hero in a determined period. (like a month or two.)

TheShowOff

01-07-2013

There should be a pattern like, 3 champs below 4800 ip, 3 4800ip champs, and 2 6300 champs. Just a suggestion.

Eve Angelica

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
You said "We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free" ... So how does one go about suggesting or requesting a specific champion for the next rotation?

Thanks

Holiwix

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStalker69 View Post
There should be a pattern like, 3 champs below 4800 ip, 3 4800ip champs, and 2 6300 champs. Just a suggestion.
I think thats a really cool idea

Unbound Advocate

Recruiter

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binxy Prime View Post
how about make all 450 IP champs free always, or maybe have 15 free champs so more can see the light of free week
Make all the 450 ip champs free all the time? What would be the point of putting them for sale? I do like the 15 free champs idea though.
I'd like to add something on about suggestions though.
It would be a little wise to create a system where you could test champions for a small IP price. That way they have played them a game, tested if they enjoy them, and see if they are going to buy them. This option should only be available for 1 game per champion to avoid overuse of it.

There is one champion i have not seen free other then the week after she came out, and that is Diana. I didn't have the chance to play her as i was on vacation. I'd really like to see her be free one of these next few weeks, if you take champion rotation suggestions.

cryosleeper

01-08-2013

why is singed free again! he was free like 3 weeks ago!