How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iampoloa

01-01-2013

Why the hell haven't you made trundle free? Only champion i haven't played.

skyleradams

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaica View Post
I would like to see the random select choose from all heroes not just the ones that are unlocked or free that week. Once random is chosen it locks your choice so you can redo masteries and choose your rune page. So you could in effect have an unlimited number of free champs every week.

How many people actually use the random champ select anyway? This may put it into use a little. Especially with newer accounts that don't have any champs unlocked.

in my opinian it is used overly much or at least in my group because almost every game someone clicks random especially me cause im one of the people who dont have a main and i play with some people that havnt found their main so its often considered at least

Coaches

01-01-2013

Morgana was free a few weeks ago..

TeddyBær

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
or give everyone something like the refunding system where they get 2 trys at the new champion and see if they like the champion give feedback and set new goals

Xin Hu Zhao

01-02-2013

.................................................. ..........now i get

Holiwix

01-02-2013

Morgana was free a few weeks ago, and there are a lot of champions that haven't been in the rotation for a while, like Karma, Tryndamere, Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Trundle, Fizz, etc. And please, stop putting cheap champions to the rotation, everyone has used Ashe, Ryze or Nunu, useless.

Ecclesias

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiwix View Post
Morgana was free a few weeks ago, and there are a lot of champions that haven't been in the rotation for a while, like Karma, Tryndamere, Sejuani, Shaco, Shen, Trundle, Fizz, etc. And please, stop putting cheap champions to the rotation, everyone has used Ashe, Ryze or Nunu, useless.
I think Karma has been left out on purpose, since she's getting a rework and stuff

The Heraboss

01-02-2013

i understand the rotations and love them, however, there are so many champs that i would love to use and try out that are just not in the rotations very much. I dont know if im the only one, but i dont wanna buy a champ until i have at least tried them out once. so it is frustrating when i would love to try out Jayce or someone else, only to find that Morgana has been in the rotation more times than she could have dreamed for. I get how newest players need to get experience, so i think the rotation should still incorporate that in having a couple of recommended champs every time, otherwise give the more experienced players a couple of new characters that are rarely in the mix to try and get them more interested in the higher priced and greater difficulty champs. it was just an idea and i hope my voice actually gets heard in this hahahaha =)

Th3GingerHitman

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampoloa View Post
Why the hell haven't you made trundle free? Only champion i haven't played.
He has only been free once since release, and I missed it. :-(

R3GAL

01-05-2013

You could always make it random then put an affinity on champs when they get put into the free week making them less likely to be used again for a period of time like say 2 months (time can depend on the amount of champions available and how many are free each week) but always have 1-2 recommended champs for the new players. As well the affinity could build up on champs if they were played within the same month or so. ie teemo and riven r free he same week, then next week teemo comes up again so teemo's affinity to be chosen drops by double or something and the timer resets for teemo to lose his affinity. This however could get a tad bit complex if you were to incorporate the positions the champions play. But you could always put in a champ that could fill the majority of the roles like cho gath or master yi

this came out a lot longer than I intended... o well