How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angelplayer12

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris
I think i have a way to solve this problem lets look at the cost of the champs there are 4 types 450, 1350, 4800, and 6300 if 6300 is the biggest one but most champs each week are 1350 what if u join 450 and 1350 and take 3 champs, take 1 champ out of 4800 and 4 from 6300(always depending on the lvl of skill needed to play it and I think that a couple of hard champs would be nice in the champ rotation.
For example lets say i have 8000 ip and i want to buy kha zix and syndra but i havent played any of them (Syndra being really dificult making her not be in the champion rotation).What can i do if i do have any refunds remaining?

Thx for reading, srry if u could'nt understand anything i tried my best and I LOVtE LOL SO MUCH

DuckyFriend

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8forlife51 View Post
I've been playing LoL for about 8 months and I have never seen cass as a free champion I don't think.
I think she was a free champion in either September or October.

Kesmar

Recruiter

11-26-2012

I'd like to see Zyra pop up, I'm interested in trying out her the most.

Bentondesruction

11-26-2012

omg this was the coolest post~ It helped my understand why champs like ashe are constantly free and also this allows me to have a good chance at everyone

btw don't you get a released champ 3 weeks after?

Pure St0n3C0Ld

Recruiter

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
personally i think there should be one character from each type of role like tank, dps, mage, jungler, ranged, and then sopport, i think this would be good so that if needed all positions on a team would be filled.

pap227

11-28-2012

make darius free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Angel 2k3

11-29-2012

Can we get Cass in next week's roster? I want to try her out but the difficulty spike might turn me off, and I don't want to waste points if I end up not liking her.

burneyes

11-30-2012

waiting for graves.......

KrustyKrackKrab

12-02-2012

I want Olaf as free again.

Sungie0206

12-02-2012

Let's get Ahri or Casseiopia in the rotation! Dying to try out those champions.