How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baltheos

Recruiter

01-19-2011

This may be a bit off topic, but how are prices for champions (mostly IP prices) determined?. I am looking foreward to finally getting Rammus, but I am also woundering that if the price is determined on player feedback than would his price be lowered if people dont like the "nerf" he recieves?. Thank you

KamakaziCrow

01-19-2011

can u put up irela for use? i like her but i need more ip :...(

NinjaGlomper

01-19-2011

This is helpful. Thanks for the info. I have been very pleased with the way things are done with this game. It's good to know that I will eventually get to sample all the champions out there. That way, I can increase my proficiency at playing with or against each champion. I do have one question. Is there a set timeframe in which we know we will have seen every champion? For example, will we see every champion at least once a year? Personally, I would like to know if, after playing for a set amount of time, I have had the opportunity to try every champion. Keep up the good work!

Mewtwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGlomper View Post
This is helpful. Thanks for the info. I have been very pleased with the way things are done with this game. It's good to know that I will eventually get to sample all the champions out there. That way, I can increase my proficiency at playing with or against each champion. I do have one question. Is there a set timeframe in which we know we will have seen every champion? For example, will we see every champion at least once a year? Personally, I would like to know if, after playing for a set amount of time, I have had the opportunity to try every champion. Keep up the good work!
This guys last section makes a valid point i always wondered that as well

also im tired of seeing certain champs always free

like heimer/tristan every week almost :\

makes the free heroes radther bland :P

this weeks are great though***

xXKatherineXx

01-19-2011

I actually LOVE the fact that its not a set rotation. That way, with different champions free every time, you get different team comps and play styles. If it was set having the same champions free in a set list, we would just see the same team comps every time that rotation came up again. It would get boring very quickly.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonley wolf View Post
can u put up irela for use? i like her but i need more ip :...(
lux and leblanc came before her and neither have been free more than once so doubtful

issacbadgeroo

01-19-2011

Hmm, I never really knew how the rotation stuff worked, so thanks for explaining that. ^^

The rotation this week seems pretty interesting, haven't ever tried out Vlad or Warwick. I'm pretty excited.

Though, I do have something on my mind. I wonder why Morgana and Heimer get unlocked so much. I don't have any huge problems with it or anything. They're two awesome champs that every newbie should try out. It just that if I don't see Morgana one week, usually Heimerdinger is unlocked and vice versa.

Either way, awesome choices. Now I'm going to go on a blood rampage with Vlad now. XD

Kagettsu

01-19-2011

aawww i wanted teemo for this week

Lavitz

01-19-2011

If you try to switch things around, Why do we get Annie almost every other week?

parnellyx

01-19-2011

i think riot should balance out the champions in a more even rotation, like making sure some champions arent left out of the rotation for too long. Also, try to make the champion group something like ex. 3 tank 3 caster and 3 dps.

parnelly