How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Lulu has been free four times since her release.

Karma has not been on a free week in nearly a year.

NY l Voodoo

11-01-2012

Be happy you get free champs at all? Lol.

On a slightly more serious note(but seriously, be happy you get ANYTHING free), I love the rotation. And also keep in mind, while Riot says they like to give us free champions who are simple, they also give us free champions meant to create team balance. Otherwise we'd have the same group of champions every week, and it wouldn't be a 'rotation' anymore. We'd have starter champions and that's it.

Shrouded Soul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

why has shaco only been f2p for about 4 times since LoL launched?

JGaruda

11-01-2012

i think lots of unplay champion such as Karma, (who i think is under rework) but i am pretty sure the riot system keeps track of the % of each champion being played.
have 5 of them easy champions to pick up for new comer, and then have another 5 or less that are rarely played so regular player would try it and maybe take a liking to unlock them later. I want to try Karma, but no one i know had bought it, and I really don't want to unlock it.

Xxannos

Recruiter

11-02-2012

Would you be able to put someone like Draven, Darius, Jayce, or Zyra as free to play?
I heard that some of them are more difficult to play as, but i have always wanted to play as them, but wanted to play as them before i bought them... Like a preview.
Would you be able to put them as free to play?

JessesanMan

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
Lulu has been free four times since her release.

Karma has not been on a free week in nearly a year.
Wait, someone besides me actually plays as Karma?
Mind=blown

DRagonDeath86

11-04-2012

I think Mahlazar should be on a free champ rotation =D...i might buy him!

CounterSnipe

11-05-2012

I'm a little upset with the way this free week system has been operating. I joined this game last year around the time Riven was released and noticed there were a lot of overlaps among champions offered during free weeks.

I decided to look at the past 10 free weeks from today, November 5th, and worked my way to the current one. I looked specifically for three champions : Morgana, Singed, and M.F. This is what I found:
Morgana was free 2/10 of those weeks.
MF was free 3/10 of those weeks.
Singed was free 3/10 of those weeks.
There were also a few champions I saw multiple times such as Talon and Sivir. I don't think this current system is giving the 100+ champions available a fair shake at being seen by our player base.

Slightly off topic:
Another thing I don't understand is why sales on champions aren't offered during the weeks in which those champions are free. I think people are far less inclined to invest RP in champions they have never played before, so why not offer free week champions at a slightly discounted rate instead of posting random sales? I mean, heck, I would have bought Lee Sin, Udyr, Shaco, and all my other junglers if i could have played them in a free week. I spent so much time waiting for them to go on free week that by the time they did I already had the IP saved up to buy them.

MevenS153

11-05-2012

I think i suggest to have the exact date and time of the Champion Rotation ._.

NY l Voodoo

11-05-2012

Champions just rotated, if that helps any. =]