How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackSparkz

10-23-2012

So, I'm just wondering... When was the last time we had trundle, shaco, cass, ori, malzahar, tf, or zilean on rotation?

pengwndude

10-23-2012

what about yorick? he's not particularly new but he's NEVER free. and yeah trundle too. i've seen gragas free possibly once.

Transparency

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Ya see this is not need because of LOL PBE which is the league of legends Public beta environment were the new champions are released weeks in advance for player to try and comment on what they need to improve or Nerf

JohnnyBukkel

10-23-2012

and when was the last time there was a vladimir, or swain? also, there's some champions that were on two weeks after the last time i think it's ridiculous

Helletson

10-23-2012

Quote:
Q I dont think Alistars a Tank
This made me lol so hard

BiIIy Bones

10-24-2012

cool

motumbo guardian

10-24-2012

hey red guy
check this out
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2715572

GridironGrace

10-25-2012

Just a suggestion, may have been mentioned before. But maybe add a few more free champs, like 2-4 and call them feature champs or something.. leave them free for 2 weeks instead of 1.

With a main focus on the champs that cost 3150/4800 IP.

Ren Ryu

Recruiter

10-25-2012

id like to see talon cause ive never seen him free i hope to see him in season 3

Tsunami4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
I agree completely although they do have it released on the second week maybe so not everybody is playing them at once plus its a good money maker for those who buy RP. It could also be a downfall because some players (like me) prefer to test the champion out before spending $10-$15