How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NormalOnCrack

10-16-2012

I like this way of selecting but I am just wondering is it all random or do you try and put all different types of champions as in a jungler, carry, tank, or support.

TechNicol

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
The only thing I would have to say is try to match up the champions on sale with the free weeks. If people could try the champ before they spend their money they would definitely buy more often. I am considering buying wukong right now because of the sale, but I would much rather try him first. Just something to think about. ANDDDD besides that, try to keep it random. I enjoy looking at the free week tuesday morning and having no idea who it could be.
Love-Jay and Silent Bob

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

This must be one of the oldest active threads to date.

Jibwhee

10-19-2012

Hey can the next free week champions can be Darius, Akali, Draven, Teemo, Zilean, Veigar, Warwick, and Cassiopeia?

Aronstonned

10-21-2012

Thank u for taht information, i think that is the reason of why the champions appear free 2 weeks consecutively

P0Kemon Master

10-22-2012

don't put the cheap ip champions like ashe, yii, or annie on the free champion rotation because they are really cheap. You only need to play 3 or 4 games to get enough ip to buy them. Put the more expensive champions that take a while to save up for on the rotation so people can try them and not waste their ip if they buy them and then not like them.

APhamX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvile619 View Post
i think you should put the champs that are 3150 ip or higher on free to play since its hard to get em
If they're free to play, then no one would buy RP to buy those champions. No RP means no money for riot. No money for riot means no food for artists and developers. bad bad bad

tokugaw

10-22-2012

the rotations seem to be getting worst and worst

Tihealy

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Cassiopia is due for not being in a rotation for 15 weeks+.
Karma is due for not being in a rotation for 15 weeks+.

Skarner and Ziggs are the ONLY GOOD champion in this rotation, and by good i mean that they wasn't present for more then 8+ week, which is awesome, but the 8 other champions ... really dissapointed

-Karma is due for a buff, due to the MOST (IMO; Supprot and all champion) Unused Champion in the LoL, She is fading in the shadow each days .... and soon, Nocturne will have a victim ... :'(

Warhawk1955

10-22-2012

Can you make Draven free for a week