How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colzline

10-15-2012

What I'd like to see is people who play free champions, be restricted to custom games and Bot matches. Because honestly, when you get people who have never even played as one of those champions in a PvP match, ruin the entire match for everyone on the team who actually know what they're doing. I mean, they already do that with ranked: Unless you're lvl 30 and own 16 champions, you're not allowed into ranked matches.

SQuigi

10-15-2012

i understand that some characters will apear more frequently then others on free to play and respect the reasoning behind it however wer on week 47 meaning 470 characters have been selected as free to play. so on average each character hasbeen available 4+ times... olaf was only available once :'(

i read up on him would love to tryhim out before making thepurchase, i guess i just feal the 3rd goal listed is being neglected a little

edit: another suggestion... this might just be me here but id rather see someof the most expensive characters apear more frequently. the ones that only cost 450bp isnt a big deal to buy without trying them first. but when u get upto the 6300bp characters people generally wanna know what theyr buying first. i bought ryze and yi without testing and dont regret it because of how cheap they are but there are many that i refuse to pay for before playing

Sychkl

10-16-2012

Originally Posted by RiotChris

Q Will new Champions always be free the first week?
A No, we will debut Champions that need to be unlocked, but eventually they will be free (see goal 3).

XxNemaZezanjaxX

10-16-2012

nice!

Sn1glefr1tz

10-16-2012

just to let you know i was playing for 4 months before a blitzcrank free week happened. i got tired of it and bought him with my massive stores of ip that built up while i was waiting for champs that i wanted to try to have their free week. the next week he was free. while i don't regret buying him because his pull is OP, i think that there should be more champs in the free week rotation every 10 champs there should be 1 champ in the free rotation so that people don't have to wait forever to try a chmp that they really want to try and the champs come up once every 10 weeks.

Asgrin

10-16-2012

I swear every time, I buy a new champion it's on the free champion rotation the following week!

Sarkhon

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colzline View Post
What I'd like to see is people who play free champions, be restricted to custom games and Bot matches. Because honestly, when you get people who have never even played as one of those champions in a PvP match, ruin the entire match for everyone on the team who actually know what they're doing. I mean, they already do that with ranked: Unless you're lvl 30 and own 16 champions, you're not allowed into ranked matches.
So.... have you played against Bots? Have you ever played custom Summoners Rift games? Playing a new champion in that is like taking a gun to a fist fight. I can play blitz when I play with my nephews against bots and I can carry the game. I can actually do that with ANY champion. Playing with bots does not give a proper representation of a champion. You can't play with free champs you don't own in ranked games. If you don't like playing with free week champions, play ranked.

Kamikase 1999

10-16-2012

how do you get the free champions?

I Xvile I

10-16-2012

i think you should put the champs that are 3150 ip or higher on free to play since its hard to get em

Kromondo

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikase 1999 View Post
how do you get the free champions?
you select them, they are not free permanently, just for the week or so in which they appear in your champion selecting in lobby