How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnwiseDragon

09-24-2012

For the "different champions being played different ways" point; I can say I've been there. I play Morgana as if she were a tank

Goatius Maximus

09-24-2012

@ TheNewPhantom

whenever your about to select a champion for a game, you should be able to select the weekly champs

UnwiseDragon

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewPhantom View Post
How do we actually get the champion ??? Please tell :3 All i see is the paid versions of these but not the free
They haven't been released yet, this is just the announcement. Check back tomorrow and they will probably be there.

Destric

09-24-2012

I'm waiting to see Yorick on rotation.

Forchark

09-24-2012

I don't have much to say about this except for an example. I have seen Teemo, Amumu, Morgana, etc. played every couple of weeks. However, in the WIKI site that keeps track of free to play champions, I have seen Yorick available once in the last year...Unfortunately, he is a character I am considering buying, yet I can never try him. He of course is my concern, but he is also prime example of this issue.

GalactusMultiV

09-24-2012

Could Riot change the rotation just a little? Can it rotate so that there is a different 10 every week, until every hero has been rotated? and not putting the same hero on the 10 again until every other hero has been on at least once? Instead of having some of them on the 10 every other week just because they're easy? Im still new to the game, only had it like 3 weeks. And already taric and ryze are on again.

thx.

Butterscotch

09-25-2012

I agree with the people saying that I would like to see different champions more often rather than others who are excessively free almost once a month (exaggerating but you get the point). I mean look at Karma. I know she's a hard support to use but you could at least give her some love. She was free once this season from what I've read, and that was back in December ._. Compared to Ashe who has been free at least twenty times now. I mean yeah Ashe is a simple to use champion but you can literally buy her within three or so games, and there are other ADCs like Sivir (not sure how many times she's been free though) for the same price and she's pretty easy to pick up as well. I know Tristana, from a chart I read documenting all the free rotations of the season, has never been free. I understand that you can literally get her by just liking Riot on facebook, but it goes to my point that some champions just don't get any love at all when it comes to free week ._. (Also Alistar has been free several times and you can just get him by suscribing to the Youtube channel).

I know you guys want to add variety but also keep pumping out easy champions for new players, but it would also be nice to release more uncommmon champions (who are pricey) as well for those who want to buy them but are not completely sure that they would enjoy using the champion (because who wants to waste a refund on IP when you can use them on champions or skins you bought with RP and end up disliking (I hate you wildfire Zyra =_____=;; ))

islapblindpeople

09-25-2012

How about trying a new system, like voting on champs to be free... players get to vote what mages/adc/jungle/tank they want and highest vote wins. But also making sure that champ that wins that week wont be able to get a vote until all of the other champs in the same class get voted.

DOM?nator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

u shud hav polls on who the community wants on free-week out of 20-40 champions

Jolly Buccaneer

Recruiter

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewPhantom View Post
How do we actually get the champion ??? Please tell :3 All i see is the paid versions of these but not the free
You don't 'get' the champions per say. Meaning you can not buy skins for them etc but you can access them in the character selection portion of starting a new game. This is what they mean by free rotation.