How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeroDemonata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

imo i think you guys should give more difficult champs to play for the simple fact someone who only plays simple champs is used to it being non-complicated while if u play a champ that is more difficult to play u gain more skill and know how but thats just my opinion

Limboo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

I think the new champions that come out every two weeks should be free the week they come out for every player to test and see if they would like to buy it once its free week is over. At least Caitlyn is free this week...now i can test her :]

WhiteVoidDragon

01-18-2011

I think a good system would be to remove XP/IP gain from custom games and allow all chars to be selected in Custom games

Whatchu Gon Do

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGIDO View Post
I think a good system would be to remove XP/IP gain from custom games and allow all chars to be selected in Custom games
That still removes the super awesome feeling of grinding up that huge IP score for your favorite champion you played and loved the hell out of.

AnonymousGrizzly

01-18-2011

lol mundo vlad blitz mumu and ww all free...see u guys in a week im not going to play against those people ill just play practice matches with cait to avoid op noobs that play with these characters that never die :P

APrettyDisaster

01-18-2011

I feel too that new champs coming out should be free to play, even for a short time-line, just to see if they are worth getting. Alot of people can't afford RP or just aren't allowed to get them, and it takes alot of game play to collect IP, and I have wasted both RP and IP on getting a new champ to have someone fresh to play it, and it turns out that they aren't someone I enjoy playing.

Cradle2Grave

01-18-2011

i like the way the champion rotation works, and it makes sense, and honestly I would hate it if the newest champ was released then was free that same week. I play this game cause its my favorite game. I farm the ip and save up for the new champ so I can get them the day they come out. if playing the new champ was that important to all those that want them free the week they are debuted you could simply play matches and save or just STFU and wait till they are free the week later.

Just an opinion. GG Riot, You guys Rock

Martinezz

01-18-2011

I always wondered why i saw some of the same champions regularly free. This makes sense now

MasterOfBots

01-18-2011

i guess zilean is super simple to play then?

Manectric

01-18-2011

just an idea but you could have a trial week in which all champs become free every two months or so or you could have trial runs where you could fake purchase a champ for a day or a game or two(but can only do it once with any given champ)