How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0LninjaXP

08-01-2012

i think that at least evry other rotation there should be more of the 4800 and 6300 champions because people dont think about the people that cannot use RP and have to save up a lot of IP for just one champion. ._________________________________________________ ________________. =3

Ellzam

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersolider1 View Post
Caitlyn isnt actully THAT much on free week anymore, and I really agree on how its cheap that 450 champs can be free,like c'mon people, you already start out with like 450 ip.
Actually, I made a spreadsheet in extreme boredom one day that tracks this sort of info. Caitlyn and Miss Fortune are the most common Free Champions this season (we are week 36, Season 2 started November 28, 2011). Caitlyn appeared on weeks 2, 6, 10, 13, 18, 24, 27, 31, 36. That's an average of you can play her every 4.75 weeks.

On the other hand, here are some fun facts about Free Weeks in Season 2 that are unrelated to the quoted post:

- Hecarim is the only champion (other than Zyra who is brand new) who was released in Season 2 who has not had a free week. Ever. Jayce, Draven, and Darius all came after Hecarim but have been free once. Lulu preceded Hecarim by roughly one month and has been free twice.

- Evelynn and Karma have also never been free in season 2.

- There is a shocking number of Champs that have been on free rotation only once (excluding season 2 released champs): Akali, Irelia (this week, so get your playing in!), Kennen, Lee Sin, Lux, Nidalee, Olaf, Rumble, Shaco, Trundle, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Udyr, Zin Xhao, and Yorick.

** The More You Know**

blacc cobra

08-01-2012

what about lee sin being free

Saucy Platypus

08-02-2012

I'd love to see Ahri free. She looks so fun to play but for 6300 I don't want to buy a dud haha

PrinceVert

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellzam View Post

- Hecarim is the only champion (other than Zyra who is brand new) who was released in Season 2 who has not had a free week. Ever. Jayce, Draven, and Darius all came after Hecarim but have been free once. Lulu preceded Hecarim by roughly one month and has been free twice.

** The More You Know**
But that's wrong because I tried him after he was released because he was in free week

Ellzam

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVert View Post
But that's wrong because I tried him after he was released because he was in free week
If he was ever free, he was never advertised as such. Hecarim was released on 4/18 and has not been on the free champion listings since then. If he was free, it was outside of listed Free Week Champions. You're welcome to go back and look, that would begin at week 21, and given the typical pattern for free champs, he should have shown up approximately 3-6 weeks as free after being released. By comparison, Darius was released 5/23 and was already free the week of 6/04. You should look for Hecarim between that time period, but you won't find him.

Sound Online

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellzam View Post
Actually, I made a spreadsheet in extreme boredom one day that tracks this sort of info. Caitlyn and Miss Fortune are the most common Free Champions this season (we are week 36, Season 2 started November 28, 2011). Caitlyn appeared on weeks 2, 6, 10, 13, 18, 24, 27, 31, 36. That's an average of you can play her every 4.75 weeks.

On the other hand, here are some fun facts about Free Weeks in Season 2 that are unrelated to the quoted post:

- Evelynn and Karma have also never been free in season 2.

- There is a shocking number of Champs that have been on free rotation only once (excluding season 2 released champs): Akali, Irelia (this week, so get your playing in!), Kennen, Lee Sin, Lux, Nidalee, Olaf, Rumble, Shaco, Trundle, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Udyr, Zin Xhao, and Yorick.

** The More You Know**
Lies, Karma has been free once in season 2
December 20th 2011 was the 4th week of season 2 champion rotation she was picked to be free that week.

The more you know

Sound Online

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVert View Post
Yeah, he was free week 23 of season 2 which was May 1st

Sugar Daddy

08-02-2012

I would love to try out Fiora, and Fizz looks fun to try out.
If you could squeeze those into your champion rotations, I'd be really grateful! ^^

screamingkettle

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siveal View Post
What if the community could vote on a line-up out of a few selections each week posted by someone at Riot? There could be weekly votings on the main page or forums. That way you guys can still control what champions are in the line-up (variety) and the community can pick what they like (vote by majority).
I like this idea. Like when Steam does a sale, There are three games to choose from, and which ever one get s the most votes goes on sale. if Riot did this for cahampion selection it would be great. they pick nine champions, then for the tenth they give us the choice uot of about five, that they still picked. CONSIDER THIS xD