How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoooMAR

07-31-2012

Hey, I would like to see more difficult champions as free since I am improving a lot lately yet I don't want to waste 6300 IP on a champion that I would not enjoy after a while. I would like to see more jungle champions free to play since I haven't tried that play style much and would like to explore more ways to play. I think there should be a pattern in which lets say there are 2 champions of each type(Support, Bruiser, AP MID, ADC, etc) each week, one that is considered easy, lets say Warwick, and another of the same 'class' that is considered difficult, lets say Nautilus? That would help new and older players to experience more roles in the game without the risk of wasting IP, because for me it takes around a week and a half minimum to get 6300 IP, and if I end up buying a champion I do not enjoy or is too difficult it would decrease the level of enjoyment in getting new champions since it will have to be very thought out in order to not waste IP on champions I don't like.

TLDR: Should have 2 free champions of each role of the game to be free each week, one that is considered easy and one considered more difficult.

The Omega Crisis

Recruiter

07-31-2012

I agree with most of these posts. Yes I do believe free week should be a weekly thing not random and all over the place (during the week and champion wise) As many stated before me it is free week. Not free week 2 days and 9 hours. Secondly, The champions that you choose for the free week should be the same set of champs that that week corresponds to. e.g. Cait ryze mord Noc Sona week 1. Soraka Annie WW Jayce and singed for week 2 Etc. (what about new champs?) So who knows how many weeks are gonna pass before all the champs are rotated and come back to week 1. I also think that when new champs come out they should be put into the next weeks rotation So if we are on week 12 and the new champ comes out on monday.this way people that pay for the new champ or have the ip for the new champ can buy and use the champ for that week without that huge rush of people trying the use them in the following week (week 13) Then the new champ will be perminately be in week 13. This may alter they way you have to make new champs to keep the weeks balance when it comes to teams but soon the weeks will be much larger then just 6 champs IMO this is good. 1 because new players who start playing the game. Will both have more people to choose from and they also wont have those weeks they dont want to play because the champion roto are all champs they dont like/ dont want. I have 3 accounts 2 of which are relatively new and tbh I would play on them more if something like this was in place. These are just a few of my thoughts on the Free week rotation thing.

Now Im off too kill more champs in Summoner's rift. R (Darkness) Q W (laughs) E. Noa You dead son <.<

Valygar

07-31-2012

alistar and ryze

zzzzzz

there shouldn't be any 450 free weeks if all they're spitting out is 6300 champs

Paradoxors

07-31-2012

May I request Lee sin be free next week? And anivia? and other champs we rarely see free?
Upvote if you want!!

Dracofiree

07-31-2012

wow nice

Dracofiree

07-31-2012

anyone give me the link for free rp points ?

Dracofiree

07-31-2012

and let zyra be free next week !

µaster Çhieƒ

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
I love how the free champions give you an effective preview of champions you would want to purchase eventually.

Though at the moment, the roster is incredibly large and while I appreciate all of the character variety (no characters feel, look and play the same), personally I would love to see some new maps and possibly game modes.

The two versions of Summoner's Field are neat. I absolutely adore Twisted Treeline but it doesn't seem to show up when I solo queue. One thing I love about Twisted Treeline is also the orientation view of both teams. Blue is always a little easier to play on Summoner's Field because of a slight view advantage. Twisted Treeline puts teams on equal footing in that regards and the way the forest surrounds each lane allows for nice team play and ambushes.

tl;dr: Any chance of seeing new maps this year?
Finally! Someone says something that makes sense.

KuroZastin

07-31-2012

I want to see Lee Sin and Xin, Kennen would be nice too

sonicster

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
i tottaly agree on the subject