How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubbles201

07-30-2012

when is zyra going to be on the free rotation. I have been dying to play as her.

WHAT THAT ALL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I wanna play zyra too... and i want viktor free again because i love him <3 but cait? ._. always her ._. but np she is very funny to play xD.

Delfere

07-30-2012

the only problem i have is that most people have played as the lower ip guys like master yi, ryze, ashe, i would like to see more variety with the higher ip cost champions

Aurorasaurs

07-30-2012

Hello, just wanted to input some of my own thoughts on the matter. I'm sure a lot of what I am thinking has already been said but I figure it couldn't hurt to say it again.
I'm still relatively new to LoL, so I personally experienced the want of a familiar champion or two in my first weeks. Every week there were new champs that I had no idea how to play. I'm also really new to gaming, this is the first game I have ever played more than the initial set up of my account. This makes me completely lost in remembering which champs are what. I would just find out that I've been playing a tank as an ad and it'd be taken away and replaced with who knows what.
Now that I've bought a few champions, I also see the appeal of trying to test as many champions as you can to see whether or not you like them before you spend all your ip on a champion you won't enjoy playing, especially the higher priced champs.
Since Zyra came out and now Diana is coming, I've been really excited, so I'm very interested in what people are saying about free playing them as soon as possible. I don't think it's realistic for it to be the first week they come out, to my understanding this happened once and worked out, but it kind of deflates the release if you know everyone will have them for the first week. I think Riot Games should consider letting at least the first week, possibly two, be exclusive to those that purchase the champs. After that I know the rest of us would love to see them in the next week's rotation so we could test them for ourselves.
I really hope this idea is considered and possibly put into motion. Thanks for the time, Riot Games you're doing great, keep up the good work!

CynicalGiant

07-30-2012

Why is sejuani free week so often?

FighterAmy

07-30-2012

I personally have never seen Karma on free week. Anyone know when she was?
Just curious.

TheRealReaperX

07-30-2012

Make nidalee free!

faustinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I don't think Alistar is a Tank

iLuv Ahri LoL

07-30-2012

can we pls have Cass free

Ellzam

07-30-2012

Shouldn't Alistair (and Tristana, by extension) really be exempt from free weeks, since they are already free via Facebook and Youtube?

I'm guessing Sejuani popped up because Riot assigns her the "Jungler" tag, but nearly every fighter type can successfully jungle and Sejuani had a turn what, 3 weeks ago? If using the Riot tags is essential, then barely half of Tank types have been free since Sejuani came around.

Oh well, I'm probably just bitter because there are some Tank-types I've been waiting to try out before buying.