How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArchangelsHaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

We could have a weekly rotation lottery.
As in:
"Guess the champions for this weeks rotation and win IP!"
Would be fun =D

fuudaman

07-23-2012

the main reason you see easy to play champs and what not is you got to remeber the people just starting to play. It is now always about us lvl 30's think about when you frist started playing...... you had only the free champs until you got enough to buy one but most players wait til 20 to buy runes so they save up for that frist. now that you are 30 you basicly have free rain to buy any number of champs and also you probably bought some your good with to start. I think they are trying to help new players over people who have played enough to get the grasp of almost every champ.

No1EzrealQueefNA

07-23-2012

Hi RiotChris
I was having this idea. I don't know if it will work for you but I was thinking that you should make like a specific group of champions that belong to a specific category each week. For example, in one week, there are ad carries and you simply make all ad carries free. The next week could be all support so you make all support charachters free and so on.. but it's just my idea, always here to give some feedback. Thanks for reading!

y2k kitten

07-23-2012

^^
yeah, what a smart idea, one week everyone will be an ad carry, thenext everyone will be a support.
you are pure genius

ItsTheAwsomeGuy

07-23-2012

they remade eve and riot still hasn't put her on free week over the year iv'e been playing i still haven't played her :c

Nudedragons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2012

on the extra champs, other than the simple ones and the newly released champs, i think you should let the community vote on the remaining few so that people can try certain champs that they have been wanting to try for a while.

Adwenfonf

07-23-2012

I would like to see:
Blitzcrank, Karma, Cassiopeia, Darius, Nidalee, Shyvana, Yorick, Rammus and Pantheon. At least a few per week would be VERY NICE

Wixvhen

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I hate to ask, but have you considered 'themed' weeks? Like ninjas and pirates or animalistic? Themed champion rotations (towards appearances and such, not play styles since that'd counter the 'diverse' thing) could give people more interest in the backgrounds since themes would bring more interest in origins and the like, bringing in more diehard fans as well as give people better ways to say 'hey, ____ week was really interesting' instead of 'week 12' 'Which one was that?'

Admittedly earlier in the league's history it wouldn't have been a good idea, but now that there's such a diverse array of champions, it'd be interesting, and very doable. Kinda a fun idea to toy with for possible rotations.

Lord Dravayne

Recruiter

07-23-2012

This x1000 ^^^^^^^

Xenaltos

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wixvhen View Post
I hate to ask, but have you considered 'themed' weeks? Like ninjas and pirates or animalistic?
Agreed, this would be awesome.