How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirty span

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingtwist View Post
kinda negative but i think its on point instead of random champs have like 5 random champs and let us pick one champ weve never played before to have for a week then when that persons played all the champs u can just remove the privilege haha i like it

Responding to posts from 2 years ago, yeahhh!

Metalcoat1234

06-26-2012

Can you make jarvan free he was free once all season and that was like week 3 i would really like to try him.

Gorzag

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
This would be good, except for the people who buy the champions right off the bat. People would be racing to use those free champs, and as I would imagine wouldn't often get to play their newly purchased champions. Just a matter of conflict.

Vox Burakkuhoru

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I would enjoy free character release based on their connecting story lines.

Arokis

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitagotico View Post
Well, i do have the stats, so let me tell you that almost 30% of the free to play champions are the 6300 ip champions and 8% are 4800 ip champions... knowing that they must make easy champios free to play... and the easyiest champions are usually the 450 ip champions... i think this is a good number...

About Urgot and Malzahar... Urgot has been free to play 4 times this season (The last time was two weeks ago), and Malzahar twice...

Just saying...
good 2 know thx

AlreadyTakenn

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
we all do

Choxie

06-26-2012

They should keep Ashe, Garen, and Ryze tbh. I mean they're in the tutorial, how would it feel to use a character there, get somewhat familiar with it, then go into a match and have none of them to choose from?

Alexara

06-27-2012

Firstly, im quite new to LoL,

but i dont like to see heroes i already own free for the week.

it infact can feel like I'm being cheated out of a week of free champions

perhaps its possible to have a larger free champ base (say 20) each week, instead of 10?

i would agree that 20 is far to many free champions to release every week however.
so choose say 5 - 10, and if a player already owns them, it starts picking from the reserve 10 - 15 ?

it would also seem to me that a player could potentially try an additional 10 champions in a week if they liked and bought all the first 10.

the largest problem/criticism i could see with a system like this, is new players buying hero's they dont know how to play well. it would seem to me that would only encourage people to take more advice from the people they play with to become better at them.

in conclusion something like this would not outright solve my problem of champions being selected which i already own, but could seriously reduce it.

Kraken Jack

06-27-2012

This week in riot HQ: Who can we put up for free that is just trolly as all troll....lol :P

johnnyfuzz0001

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
So many tanks this week, but only one last week (Alister). why?
We got a time traveler amung us!