How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azaroth189

04-23-2012

Well they clearly didnt follow any of their criteria this week

Gore blacktooth

04-23-2012

i wanna play shyvana

DonkeyBalls

04-23-2012

I support a split of free weeks evenly between all champions. No more of some champs getting lots of weeks free and others getting few weeks free.

B1ueRuby

04-23-2012

i think its actually quite good that new champions arent free the first week there released. this way only people with lots of IP or RP can use them thus making people want to buy RP which overall is giving riot more money to think of more ideas for champions and such. plus if the champion was free the first week everyone would want to try it out and the people that get good with that champion wont get to use him because people will choose him first. and thus leading to alot of games where people get reported for unskilled player and such because its there first time using that champion in a pvp game.. thats just my opinion on the subject good luck riot thanks for making League of Legends so fun

icey chiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

!: i have to say, the "first week come out for new champions" ideal. in my opinion, it should not be the first week they are released, but they should be in the second week. that way players with ip and rp, can buy/run it first. this would let riot make some cash but by having it as free to play second week, players can try it out and see if they like it after. then after the second week, should be when all the feedback should be taken into place.

2: i don't mind the "easier to use" characters to be first on the list, but frankly it's actually more helpful for new players to play harder to play chars every so often also, can't get better if don't have a challenge, so try not to give easy all the time. (and on an personal note on this, i don't think raz is an easy to play compared to like vegar)

3: personal question, we going to get vlad any time soon on free to play?

Lookout4mee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

It seems that every single time I buy an expensive 6300 IP champion, they're free in like three days -.-

mid Vox

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout4mee View Post
It seems that every single time I buy an expensive 6300 IP champion, they're free in like three days -.-
New champions are rotated in 2 weeks after their release.

Mr Nibblets

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ueRuby View Post
i think its actually quite good that new champions arent free the first week there released. this way only people with lots of IP or RP can use them thus making people want to buy RP which overall is giving riot more money to think of more ideas for champions and such. plus if the champion was free the first week everyone would want to try it out and the people that get good with that champion wont get to use him because people will choose him first. and thus leading to alot of games where people get reported for unskilled player and such because its there first time using that champion in a pvp game.. thats just my opinion on the subject good luck riot thanks for making League of Legends so fun
well what's happened was i, a LoL player, restricted to playing on weekends only, decided to save up 6300ip for my first 6300 champion. as i am only able to play on weekends, this DID take some time. then i saw Varus' moves+abillities and decided i would get him. i then decided to insta-buy him when he came out. the only problem is i am a bit of a unskilled player myself so i am a bit nervous. that was about 3 weeks ago. now as riot took so long for the hecarim patch to come out for bugs, when Hecarim came out my ip were itching to be spent. now back to the point about insta buying, riot is very smart on this and i think theyre doing a great job with LoL

I Get Fizzical

04-24-2012

when time do they come out?

SinfulKagemusha

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout4mee View Post
That means that you're buying them towards the end of the week, correct? Then you should probably wait until the FTP's are announced before you buy said champion.