How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GannonPig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4mad View Post
olaf was free like 2 weeks ago
and twitch should NEVER be free. oh god it was horrible on free champ weekend, and now that he has been nerfed to oblivian, its gonna be worse.
QFTW

I will stay away from this game in free twitch week, worse than teemo free week.

Doriantv

01-12-2011

Zilean and Morgana are frequently free, which is good because I like those champs and don't want to spend IP on them. I am disappointed that Riot makes Ashe and Sivir permafree, though.

placek1224

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Hey give in next week Caitlyn pls

BlackVerZ

Recruiter

01-13-2011

lol if i recall,
when new champ avail, next 2 week he/she will be free.
is that right?>>

wonder if they will rotate different champ for every ppl.
even hard , just use system to do it ^^

RadMage

01-14-2011

make miss fotune free again just for one moar week D= i didnt get to try her on the first week that she was free.

The Tanks

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
UM...... MYBE ALPHABETICAL ORDER might work............ akali, ALISTAR, amumu, anivia ,annie... and so on.... untill u reach 10 FREE champs, then next week the OTHER 10 CHAMPS .... and so on.. JUST AN EXAMPLE. THAT MIGHT WORK

xXPerfeXionXx

01-16-2011

Make Janna free please. If I like her I'm going to buy her with rp

CrazySmallDragon

01-16-2011

For those who think that champions should be free as soon as they are released...
Remember that a great many people are impulse buyers and will purchase riot points for the only purpose of getting the new hot champion. It is a good strat for earning money and as for those of us who prefer to earn our champions, we can have the patience to wait until they are free or save up the points to buy them.

Correlate

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPerfeXionXx View Post
Make Janna free please. If I like her I'm going to buy her with rp
Why would you buy janna with rp when she's only 1350 ip..?

Tiziu

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tanks View Post
UM...... MYBE ALPHABETICAL ORDER might work............ akali, ALISTAR, amumu, anivia ,annie... and so on.... untill u reach 10 FREE champs, then next week the OTHER 10 CHAMPS .... and so on.. JUST AN EXAMPLE. THAT MIGHT WORK
I'm 12 and what is this