How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

G0D5ANG3L

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-06-2012

KENNEN Pick KENNEN! PLEASE

Deepblackice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Udyr, Lee Sin and Nocturne!

Scorpionicus

Recruiter

04-09-2012

I think there should be more balance. There are some champions that show up FTP all the time(Vayne, Caitlyn) and others who show up with a 5-12 month difference.(Talon, Udyr, Kennen) I think all champs should be FTP at least 3-4 times a season.(depending on season length and server difficulties)

kingrept

04-09-2012

I would like to see riven and volibear so 6300 ip is not wasted.

kingrept

04-09-2012

In my area their are a bunch of players who would like to see riven, volibear, and nautilus so they dont waste 6300ip

Cyborgt

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrept View Post
In my area their are a bunch of players who would like to see riven, volibear, and nautilus so they dont waste 6300ip
Funny part about that is all 3 of those have been free not THAT long ago (about a month or so) but you certainly can't go wrong with Volibear. I personally didn't get him because I prefer AP champs so I didn't wanna burn that much on a tank but he's deffinately a good champion. Riven and Nautilus on the other hand are deffinately more more questionable. They're both good but they involve playstyles that you may just hate if you're not that kind of player (Riven being a fairly quick melee brawler and nautilus being an extremely slow AP tank.)

Personally i'd rather just see some more of the champions that havn't been free in the last 3 months but I guess you could do worse than those 3.

Kammr

04-09-2012

let kennen and vlad be free this week they havent been free in a while espiecially kennen!

Four Serpahim

Recruiter

04-09-2012

How far ahead of time do you know the champion that are going to come in the following week?

Anne1286

04-09-2012

its called fuk u chris

ShrapnelSteve

04-09-2012

While I wouldn't want to see a specific pattern in the champion rotation considering I think you guys are already doing a great job, I would like to see one or two more difficult champions included in the rotation. Renekton, Vladimir, Shaco, Talon, Ezreal for example are champs that I rarely see in these rotations. Now I'll be the first to admit that they do come up but I'd like to see that rate increased. If I'm saving up tons and tons of IP for the big 6300ip investment, being able to preview those champs a little more regularly would be great rather than constantly playing Annie or Ashe.

Now of course you guys want to have an easily accessible game for new players so by all means keep the MF's, Annie's and Ashe's but I feel that the more those champions show up, the less we get to see those Viktor's or Twitches. I guess what I'm ultimately saying is have something like 7-8 solid, easy to play and understand champs, and include some odd balls more often.