Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rakeen

03-27-2012

Where is Trundle?

TheSlappySlap

03-27-2012

Quote:
Rakeen:
Where is Trundle?

Where is Trundle?

AliTbeek

03-27-2012

Give us more free champions please! Just like Riot Tristana, but i had already bought the champ so that wasn't much of a gift for me

Billybobbob6

03-27-2012

Has trundle ever been free? I've yet to see it.

frtuck

03-27-2012

we should get mroe 6300s free. cos seriously. everytime i get a 6300 i regret it. i think about it for ages. then pick the one i dislike but i thought i would like.

Cyborgt

03-27-2012

Quote:
Bruisey:
As far as your long list, some of them have been free.

Considering there are 94 champions, excluding Lulu, and that of those 94 only 20 of them haven't been free since December 6th (You can check that on the champion rotation history.) that's honestly quite an achievement for a F2P game.

Not to mention several of the ones you listed are considered 'high skill' champs, and those are more rare in the lineups for good reason.

Also. Tristana is a free give away champ(Facebook). Pretty much why she's almost never on rotation anymore. It's a waste of space. Like Alistar (Youtube). As far as Kayle not being on rotation much, well, you missed out, but most everyone got her for free at the end of Season One. True, there's nothing you can do about that, but it's likely why she's not on.

Well I agree that presenting about 3/4ths-4/5ths of their champions to me in a 4 month timeframe isn't terrible but that doesn't provide me much comfort when presented with over a month of 1 champion at a time to try out. It also doesn't help that this week there isn't even a single champion from that remainder on the free rotation. As for some of them having already been free, I did make note of that possibility in my post.

When it comes to those "free give away champs" one of them is free all the time (Alistar) and the other requires Facebook which I refuse to use for any reason. It kinda sucks to learn that apparently if I had started playing a little while sooner I would've had one of them for free but oh well, I guess i'll just never end up playing her.

I just don't see how difficult it could be to work in the remaining champions when they provide 10 every week. Only half that is required to provide an easy to play champ for every role especially since many champions can fulfill multiple roles at once. That leaves 5 champions for providing some variety on the list and trying to meet their third goal of making all of them free at some point. It seems pretty easy to me to provide at least 3 fresh champions every week till you're down to maybe 10 left depending on what's leftover.

While you may call many of them "high skill" champions it only seems all the more important to get a chance to try them both to get a guage of your skill level and to learn how those champions work if you have to face them in a game. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this level of frustration in waiting for these champions especially since many of those on my list are among the champions that looked most entertaining to me to play.

Finally, where exactly would I find a "champion rotation history?" That would certainly be useful information to have.

EDIT: I managed to find a rotation history and it seems I must have actually started playing the week of December 20th because that looks like the list I remember as my first free champions. I know fiddlesticks was among them and it would explain why I wasn't sure about Karma since it seems she was free the first week I started playing (probably just didn't play her since she doesn't look that interesting.)

KGIRTXD

Recruiter

03-28-2012

I've been playing LoL for almost 2 moths now and it scars me a little that some more expensive(4800 ip +) champions are back in the free rotation before I've gotten to play others. I did some research and Akali has not been free since January 2011 and champs like Gangplank, Rammus, and Kassadin have been in the free rotation more than once within the last 4 weeks. I understand that yall try to have a 450 ip champ every week for the newer players. All I'm really saying is to add something that would bring a champ in that hasn't been free in a very long time.

Tzar Pushka

03-28-2012

1) Give new players some simple Champions to play
2) Provide a balance of types of Champions for new players
-- This allows new players to make balanced teams
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually

You guys lie.

Not like I play much anymore, I've been waiting months and spending heaps of IP just to try out characters I liked.

Finally just said screw it and dropped the game altogether. Thank god I made it out with only 10 bucks invested into it.

GrimsIey

03-28-2012

Yeeeaaahhhh definitely horrible picks for your free week champs. This is getting old, rammus, kass, cait I've seen god knows how many times in the few months I've been playing. You guys need to figure out a new system or something. This is just dumb, same champs, over and over, no new ones.

sakura621

03-28-2012

When will Lulu be free?