How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBlack Dragon

02-01-2012

i agree to something some1 said about picking 2 champions of each catogory....(back ground warning) atm im in grade 10 and i have IT,... we just wrote tests to see if we can go on.... its about programming ---here comes my point--->>> with the automatic selection sugestion....>>> program the selector to (after catorizing the champions-more or less)

TASK: Sellecting a ballanced rotasion

BEGIN
(make catogories)
Pick 2 random from "TANK"
IF similar skills REPEAT
Discard random 1
Repick
ENDIF
Remove picked champions from selection list
.........>>>>(and repeat with other catogories)<<<<
END

more or less something like this

AidPlay

02-01-2012

Can You Put in Brand next week please

GrafProphit

02-01-2012

I'm quite happy with the rotation schedule. Ya whatever it's not weekly like the title says but really guys. They let us play characters for free, in a game they offer free. Why complain? The week or so gap between putting the newly released characters into the free rotation is nice because it lets players who have the ip/rp saved up get to play the characters before everybody is trying to jump in and try the new character. That's just how I see it.

Unopened Butter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

I want free Eve. I here she sucks but i wanna try her out

LUVTISGAMEITSQUI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Can you have completely random champs that no ones seen in a while like lee sin or gragas?

megaman100

02-02-2012

LEE S"IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know hes nerfed but cmon ive been asking for at least a month
oh yeah can u pls dun put 450 champs cause anyone can buy them ohi would like teemo one or the other is fine

HeyJiggaJay

02-03-2012

It would be nice if underplayed champs got more priority in the rotation. Especially since many of them are the most expensive. It is hard to gauge if a player wants to plop down 6300 ip on a rarely played champ only to find out that if they had a chance to preview that champ they might have made a choice that better fit their play style and and be happier playing.

YamiBelgarath

02-03-2012

I kind of agree. I think non meta champions should be the free ones- besides, Riot earns more money that way by forcing people to buy them instead of play them for free.

AKR4life

02-04-2012

Would love to see Riven, Skarner, Wukong, Kennen or Lee Sin for free week. Been a while since I've seen any of them

LeagueOfLegendš

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
As RiotChris explained, The reason why 'new' champions are not free the week the're released is because, The players who 'bought' the champion would be infuriated after spending 6300ip/975rp knowing that they can just get to use it for 7 days free of charge.

Also adding onto this subject, When Riot releases a New Champion, they want people to purchase it, there for players would be more frequently on or they would purchase RP (giving Riot money) to purchase the new amazing champion.

Also adding onto this,When Riot releases a new champion, they adjust the 'Free Champions' so it is equal.
In other words They know etc amount of people will be buying Sejuani, so they make another champion equal to her free in the list.
So in summary, They will always have balanced champions, even when new champions are released.

Also adding onto the subject xD, If they made a brand spanking new champion free for a week, i can bet you 10'000rp that everyone is going to be on the craze to use him/her therefore it'll course chaos within the community, which won't only affect the forums also in-game because others who wanted to be that brand spanking new champion may not show team work within game due to not being her/him.

Hope that clears that up for you.