How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hellsage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusDeorum View Post
I would really like to see Trundle, Kennen, and Lux on free rotation. I have been playing for over half a year and have not seen these once and would like a chance to play them. Thanks!
Pretty sure Lux was on rotation either this week (Jan 17-23) or the week before, dude. And I know Trundle was there a few weeks ago, as was Kennen, I believe.

You should check in more often. xD

DeusDeorum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

I would really like to see Trundle, Kennen, and Lux on free rotation. I have been playing for over half a year and have not seen these once and would like a chance to play them. Thanks! A few other champions that don't see rotation often like Gragas, Rumble, and Shaco to name some would be nice to see as well.

DeusDeorum

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hellsage View Post
Pretty sure Lux was on rotation either this week (Jan 17-23) or the week before, dude. And I know Trundle was there a few weeks ago, as was Kennen, I believe.

You should check in more often. xD
Nope, I play on a regular basis and have been doing so for months, so unless I hit my head really hard, I promise you neither Lux, Trundle, or Kennen have been on rotation for months.

Noctis Eternium

01-23-2012

I have never seen a free week karthus. Nuff said LOL

MooSpy

01-23-2012

yo i've seen rammus and katarina wayyy too much...its like annoying >:

But yeah kennen I haven't seen free in a long time, trundle was like 3-7weeks ago.

But cool Vlad's free i wanted to try him :c it'd be nice to see karthus too

YordleMasterFlex

Recruiter

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think that you should have one of the 5 latest champs in each rotation and ive noticed the rotation is usually well rounded with the types of champs i like that

MDK Sendran

01-24-2012

Free Nidalee/Yorick/Kennen Plx. Just started up playing LoL again and I'm looking to dominate solo top =D

Archliger

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemorus View Post
There are plenty of champions like Akali, lux, shaco, rumble, nocturne, and kennen that haven't been a free champion in a long time and of course there is still Sejuani who should follow the pattern and be a free champ this week like how the rest became free the week after they were released.
not completely true i dont remember Ahri being free i might be wrong but i dont remember it
plus sejuani would become useless the second shes free she would get nerfed asap and not be as good as she was she isnt really that op she may have normal difficulty but to be a good sejuani you gotta practice hard core though i agree that some heroes should be free like kennen and rumble, shaco maybe not cause every game would see to a shaco brutal feast some characters shouldnt be free for a reason they deserve to be bought because they are naturally good. Ahri is one character who i can call my best and favourite i had no doubts about her and im happy shes not free because she would get nerfed when she doesnt need to be the thing about freeb

Nakz0R

01-24-2012

wheres our loved yorick / trundle / rumble / udyr / orianna / swain

Kantyash

01-24-2012

^this

Why did i buy sion like 3 days ago? ._.