How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vabi

01-17-2012

They dont make champions free the week of release for the same reason the last 10 champs have been 6k IP; for money. You notice that any time they release a new champion, you're practically bound to have one of them on your team or the enemies. Obviously Riot knows this and they take advantage of it. They've been making champs 6k so people who dont feel like saving the 6k will buy them with RP instead. It sucks and nobody likes it, but it works for them.

Natsu eats fire

01-17-2012

i know that you guyz want to keep it simple for the newbies but please try not to repeat champions too often. this is the 10th time ive seen ashe but wheres kennen? i really want to try kennen!

Paraguahim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsu eats fire View Post
i know that you guyz want to keep it simple for the newbies but please try not to repeat champions too often. this is the 10th time ive seen ashe but wheres kennen? i really want to try kennen!
I agree, and also Veigar was at week 6 and again in this week 8, I've never seen Shaco, trundle and Lee Sin free since November 2011

Sorry about my english xD

snake877

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

yeah have to agree with u , i have been looking forward to try bot shaco and kennen to see if i`ll buy them , but since i started playing (late november) they have not become free, but so many others have repeated a lot

snake877

01-17-2012

i agree with you people i have been loking forward to try bot shaco and kennen but since i started playing (late november) they have not been available for free but so many others have repeated a lot , so please riot try to be a little more diverse so u can have the easy champions for the new players AND also give the more vet players the oportunity to test pottential champ buys

coranath

01-17-2012

just a quick request but could u put Akali next week thx! : )

0ckaeN

Recruiter

01-17-2012

Could you take lux next week?

coranath

01-17-2012

oh and thx for Warwick i benn wantin to try him

pikachu8090

01-17-2012

make kennen and rumble free plz

Rexxraptor

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think if there was a story it would be pretty nice O.o