How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mase in ya Face

12-27-2011

I agree with SinfulHope. At the same time I personally find alot of repetition in the rotation for some champions like, Annie who is affordable and powerful. In my opinion a voting system would help improve or could even run the rotation system for Riot, take some stress of their backs.

I tried to post this and my post failed so ill just lay down my idea

32 million players vote on 3 champions they would like to play, possibly 1 to vote out.
All selected champions have a 2 rotation cool down, possibly 3 for champs voted out
Riot adds 2 personal selections for stability or easy playing for new summoners.

The benefits I see in this is it will give Riot a better idea on champion demand and narrow down champions that bring instablilty to the game, either because they are OP/ UP or just need a little change. This type of system can be put into the game and monitored instead of having a whole conference.

Just an idea

Mase in ya Face

12-27-2011

This could also give the community a better opportunity to be more involved with the game, and its improvement

Baraakum

12-27-2011

i like the randomness of the free rotation, I also feel the new champs should not be free. This is a great opportunity for riot to make money they deserve for their hard work and dedication to this game. SPEND that money on this game it will only get better if you do !

BoRn BroKeN

12-27-2011

it would be unfair for the people that have played hard and saved for that character to then for it to be free and not being able to use it because everyone always wants to be him

Zaramoth11270

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Personally, i do agree with the fact that your picking some easy champions to play as for the new comers in the game. Same with the for experienced players with some harder champions to play as, but i feel as if theres not enough variety out there. Like some of the many champions i NEVER have seen rotated since I've played. Theres also some i rarely see rotated and MANY under-played and under-rotated champions. Some champions that i've noticed that or so under played are Cassiopeia, Dr. Mundo, Nasus, Yorick, ect. I rarely ever see this champions rotated and or never played. The funny thing is take Cassiopeia for example, i tried her once and she is soooo powerful but i dont understand why theres no one who plays as her. same with Ryze, again we have another powerful ranged nuke that no one plays. i'm starting to see move variety in champions being played but its very little. theres alot of many powerful champions out there but theres many that are over played aswell. Back to the rotations anyway, i suggest you should start adding some of those under-played and under-rotated champions to try to get the players to start adding more champions to their collections. I feel this would be a beneficial change to you guys rotations. I hope you take the time to read this and not ignore it or toss it aside. Thank you for reading if so and another thanks for giving me hours of good gameplay and i hope you take this reply to consideration.

RoarDeity68

12-27-2011

it would be quite interesting to select the champions that anyone wants to have for free in the rotation, or make a list of champions and then the users vote...that way people can test the champs before buying them!

Zibal

12-27-2011

I say that if your going to pick a champion that is free, you have to wait 30 seconds to pick him/her, this way people who actually own that champion can have a chance to get him/her first.

In the past year and a half, every time I get a new champion and they come free the next week, someone who has never played him/her before will snag them and feed the entire game as a lack of knowledge of the champion.

Granted, I have failed with new champs as well yet it is a little aggravating to have that new champion of yours that you bought, snagged before you have the chance to get them. Also, a majority of these players who get new champions when they are free, feel the need to auto-lock and ruin the game.

Paramortal

12-27-2011

I've always been curious. Thanks for the info guys.

xier situ

12-27-2011

when will nocture be free?

Aļon

12-27-2011

hi