How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevXman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

I know that you like easier champions to be free but is it possible to make anivia free again?

Zelink

11-22-2010

ezreal is not the same champ as he used to be when he had heal in essence flux, u guys are the same ones who cant play then die alot when u see a champ getting alot of kills then u call him op, its so sad to see twitch now, he so so freaking weak, i can stand with my mal who is squishy, when he pops out of stealth + ult i can still own him, sad to see u guys keep listening to noob players who cant seem to do anything but call a good champ op. plz fix the broken champs.

Kisamier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

I wouldn't mind another "Free-for-All" with the champions again.
Man was that fun.

Khaműl

11-22-2010

Can we get Alistar free? He hasn't been up in like eight weeks...

Kyouko

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Free champion rotations have been relatively good. However it does suck when the more stealthy ones get put on free multiple weeks in a row. Twitch being free makes me cringed!
Haha, yeah but just think of someone's first time to play twitch. I for one was abhorrible when i first got him (3-5 kills 3-10 deaths) so as long as you have wards when Twitch (finally) gets his free week just feed like the little mofo's we all are ^^ feeding on noobs is fun is it not?

DantaeDeMarco

11-23-2010

I think that the free characters should rotate each time a game is started for each player. This keeps one player from using a freebie over and over and will allow them to try new characters and tactics, thus improving their game experience and the experience for others. I know, personally, that playing against the same free characters every game for a week solid gets quite old. The game loses a lot of its appeal. You have lots and lots of characters, I should not see virtually the same picks every game. Why not, when you load the character select screen, it gives you a random selection plus what you have purchased. This would make for a more entertaining and more challenging starting character line-up each game. Now, within those "random characters" you could exclude certain characters for promotional and marketing reasons.

Okatokat

11-23-2010

im thinking of more of a 2mage 2tanks 2support and couple of random stuff would be great.

idioSyncr4zy

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantaeDeMarco View Post
I think that the free characters should rotate each time a game is started for each player. This keeps one player from using a freebie over and over and will allow them to try new characters and tactics, thus improving their game experience and the experience for others. I know, personally, that playing against the same free characters every game for a week solid gets quite old. The game loses a lot of its appeal. You have lots and lots of characters, I should not see virtually the same picks every game. Why not, when you load the character select screen, it gives you a random selection plus what you have purchased. This would make for a more entertaining and more challenging starting character line-up each game. Now, within those "random characters" you could exclude certain characters for promotional and marketing reasons.
Personally, I think new champs each game would frustrate a lot of new players. When I was new, I played the free champs, and once I found one I liked the play style of I stuck with it to better learn that champion so that I could unlock it and always be guaranteed to have a champion that I was comfortable playing. If they had random picked champs every game two things would happen: 1. People would leave games in hopes for a better selection of champions and 2. Noobs would be robbed of a chance to learn the game one champion at a time.

The only suggestion I have for the free picks is that every week include one complicated champion. I agree that it is good to have most of the champions be easy to play to let noobs get a feel for the game. However, if all the free champs each week are easy, how will players figure out if they would like the more complex champs like Urgot. Obviously I picked a champion that is almost alien to the others, but I think it highlights my point. Complex characters need to also make frequent appearances in the free to play list so that players can adjust to their styles and decide if the champ is worth unlocking or not.

P0lerbear

11-23-2010

y r some champs available 1 time in 20 weeks but other r like 5 times in 20 weeks? others should be more available

Kayla is GODLike

11-25-2010

I believe that all players no matter the level should be allowed to test any champion in Custom Game mode with the IP/XP reduction, just so they can get a specific taste of the champion before they buy them. Custom Games wont hurt your record or any sort and mostly is done in private or with friends, not randoms like Normal/Ranked Games. But I believe in Custom Game, u should be able to try every champion so that when people see a champion do well in a game and want him but hardly is in the free weekly rotation, then they can try him without waiting possibly weeks before purchasing .. (Like a Demo)