How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vincent Casolari

06-22-2011

What about Cassiopeia? I know more people than just me want to try her out before buying her due to her apparently being difficult to play. Plus she is 6300 which also makes it a bad choice to just randomly buy without trying her out.

Euraxus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulu Almighty View Post
450: Kayle (Fighter, support) Easy
Ryze (Mage, ranged, recommended) Easy
1350:Tryndamere (Carry, Melee) Medium hard
Twisted Fate(Assassin, Pusher, Ranged) Very Hard
3150: Lux (Mage, Support, ranged) Medium
Kassadin (Assassin, mage, melee) Hard
4800:Trundle (Melee, Fighter) Medium
6300: Vladimir (Mage, Ranged, Fighter) Easy
Renekton (Melee, Fighter) Easy
Ezreal (Carry, Ranged) Hard
There's something wrong with that list. Ryze and Kayle shouldn't be there, because it's so easy to earn 450 any time, and you missed the most wanted free-for-a-week champion, ever; Shaco. Ever since Season One started, Shaco's only been on the free-for-a-week champion list once, all the way back in November 2010, and Ryze and Kayle have each had enough playing. Cassiopeia also needs her way into this list because she's only been free ~2-3 times. The rest, however, seem pretty rare.

Hiicantpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiicantpk View Post
The last Free Champion Rotation that had Akali in it was January 24th
The last Free Champion Rotation that had Gragas in it was at the end of February.
The last Free Champon Rotation for Eve was October 2010 (Thank god ._.)
Karma was last free at the end of March
Lux was last free at the end of march
Pantheon was last free in January
Poppy was last free at the end of march
Shaco was last seen NOVEMBER 30th!!
Trundle was last seen free at the end of Feb
Trynd was last free mid-Feb
TF was last free in January
Twitch was last free at the end of march
Vlad was last free in January (Thank god ._.)

There has also been 3 or 4 champs from the April 5th rotation that have not been free since.

Akali, Cass, Eve, Gragas, Karma, Lux, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Poppy, Shaco, Trundle, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Vladimir.

I have never/not in a long time seen a free week for these champions (I joined around week 37), and I believe they deserve a chance in the spotlight asap:

So riot, what do you think of these characters? Are they not good enough to be put out for free wek or what?
I would really like a red reply to this.

G4bz0r

06-22-2011

I agree with Jackal, it would make sense to do something like that.

takicha

06-22-2011

Ahh the server again down !? Pls riot change your server is terrible sry but I got 6 137 IP and now I can't made 6 300 for the hero I'm very sad ;x

PayNoAttention

06-22-2011

poppy needs to be free to play soon bc i have wanted to try her for 2 months now

Avadrian

06-23-2011

Where the heck is vlad for sure! I really want to try him before buying.. But god.. He is not free for months! like a half year..

Cthulu Almighty

06-23-2011

Hey to you people who read the post I wrote. I appreciate how you consider how much Riot NEEDS to alternate characters evenly but these characters on the list are also MY ideals of a rotation. So if you wish to consider having ideas, why not discuss your own list of desired heroes, and try to balance them and have variety as Riot is NOT going to keep to anyone's list as they make their own. So this Post here: Since I've read about character rotations and such, I have would like to suggest a character rotation for the next switch. I'll rank them by IP price so difficulty and types will be considered but I noticed a trend that shows up, so I'll go by price. Also I'm trying for a light and dark theme for a character rotation:So it will be themed and balanced. Hopefully people favor this one. This has characters who haven't appeared often, so it follows the goal that all characters eventually get all played. Well people, and Riot folks hopefully you shine down on this and give positive support. As I have seen that some of these characters are insatisfactory I'd recommend to make your own ideal list. I went for balance and uncommon characters as Riot is not going to just add only 6300's, they like to add characters of all prices and difficulty. (So people how about trying to make your own list that's balanced?)

450: Kayle (Fighter, support) Easy
Ryze (Mage, ranged, recommended) Easy
1350:Tryndamere (Carry, Melee) Medium hard
Twisted Fate(Assassin, Pusher, Ranged) Very Hard
3150: Lux (Mage, Support, ranged) Medium
Kassadin (Assassin, mage, melee) Hard
4800:Trundle (Melee, Fighter) Medium
6300: Vladimir (Mage, Ranged, Fighter) Easy
Renekton (Melee, Fighter) Easy
Ezreal (Carry, Ranged) Hard

It's here to ask of you people to use your imgaination of what a good character rotation would be some time if Riot EVER chose it. Since it can be to your liking it may be all 63000 all mages or whatever, just make it balanced because in the case Riot ever "does" take recommendations, they would pick the list with the most variety, class type, price, and etc. So make a list and post beneath this one.

Worstcase

06-23-2011

I've also noticed that there has been a LOT of Veigar as of late. Haven't checked the table but he's either been free every other week 3 consecutive times, or relatively close.

Kafari

06-23-2011

I am a relatively new lvl 10 player, but I can't help but wonder how champions like shaco poppy and pantheon haven't been free for a long time... i like all of those characters personally, and would like a chance to try them out. The opinion of a lowly member like me doesn't amount to much i can tell, but I would really like to see these characters soon.