How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayke P

06-22-2011

haven't seen gragas or shaco in a while

eaglerain

06-22-2011

ive seen every champ in battle except for one could u have this champ be put in next weeks free champ set

lGonzalopro

06-22-2011

Me quitaron a irelia y era con la unica que sabia jugar

Cthulu Almighty

06-22-2011

Since I've read about character rotations and such, I have would like to suggest a character rotation for the next switch. I'll rank them by IP price so difficulty and types will be considered but I noticed a trend that shows up, so I'll go by price. Also I'm trying for a light and dark theme for a character rotation:So it will be themed and balanced. Hopefully people favor this one. This has characters who haven't appeared often, so it follows the goal that all characters eventually get all played. Well people, and Riot folks hopefully you shine down on this and give positive support. As I have seen that some of these characters are insatisfactory I'd recommend to make your own ideal list. I went for balance and uncommon characters as Riot is not going to just add only 6300's, they like to add characters of all prices and difficulty. (So people how about trying to make your own list that's balanced?)

450: Kayle (Fighter, support) Easy
Ryze (Mage, ranged, recommended) Easy
1350:Tryndamere (Carry, Melee) Medium hard
Twisted Fate(Assassin, Pusher, Ranged) Very Hard
3150: Lux (Mage, Support, ranged) Medium
Kassadin (Assassin, mage, melee) Hard
4800:Trundle (Melee, Fighter) Medium
6300: Vladimir (Mage, Ranged, Fighter) Easy
Renekton (Melee, Fighter) Easy
Ezreal (Carry, Ranged) Hard

We Are The Sun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoody2011 View Post
WE WAN'T " VLADIMIR " for next weekly free champions. " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR "

" VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR " " VLADIMIR "
Or you could just buy him? He's 6300 and even though he gets nerfed regularly he is currently worth it.

JohnXavierNinja

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I would like to see at least two 6300 champs like anivia, and u guys choose who have you not posted the most in the free weekly champs

JohnXavierNinja

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglerain View Post
ive seen every champ in battle except for one could u have this champ be put in next weeks free champ set
i say that was anivia she had not been out often

Xayleriz

06-22-2011

I think we should do it on expensive champions that some people don't get to play. I've played every single champion except Vladimir D:

Kratos423

06-22-2011

why not pick up 5 champions which start on the alphabet and 5 which end on the alphabet
also if it where possible why not relate a little more the pick of champions with the summoners journal. Hope you like the idea

Pepperpwni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

A fairly straightforward explanation of the champ rotation; I like it. On a side note, I tend to love the free 6300 champs (Kennen, Maokai, Caitlyn, etc.) but I'm only level 17 and want to save up for tier 3 runes... Arg, Riot wants my money!