How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDreo

04-29-2011

I wanna try twitch! Please make him free..

Tharris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrir15 View Post
i agree with him, i got caitlin the week she came out and wish i wouldn't have, and wouldn't have bought her if i had been able to try her out before buying. make sense?

Chrir15
Makes perfect sense now!? You are bad with Caitlyn therefore jealous when she matches you in damage.,

LZCG64xKH3

04-29-2011

Hi umm can u cycle with tristana or teemo plz
they are my best characters and i want to buy them but im no where near the money it costs

litegriffius

04-29-2011

A retro week, including no champs made in the last year, would be awesome.

Bens Other Half

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZCG64xKH3 View Post
Hi umm can u cycle with tristana or teemo plz
they are my best characters and i want to buy them but im no where near the money it costs
u can get tristana for free

Shaendarhk

04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggftw666 View Post
u can get tristana for free
I can't. I get an error every time I do it, or I did. Now firefox tells me the site that I am linked to when I click is is unsecure and is giving a false certificate, meaning it could be virused or any number of nasty things that could crash my computer.

I'd love to get my free tristana, but it seems the universe has conspired against me again lol.

ChronoCrisisLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2011

im sorry to ask but next week could you try trundle or gangplank i wat to try them thank you for the best game ever

Thomyas

05-01-2011

kassadin? free? YES?

MTBthePRO

05-01-2011

Ha Ha Ha

Shadow864

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
From time to time we get questions on how we chose weekly free champions. We rotate the Champions to keep the game fresh for those that haven't unlocked all the Champions.

Here is how we choose which ones are free:

Champion Rotation Goals
1) Give new players some simple Champions to play
2) Provide a balance of types of Champions for new players
-- This allows new players to make balanced teams
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually

Given these goals we look at player feedback, and decide which Champions should be free next week that allow us to meet these goals.

-------------------

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q Will new Champions always be free the first week?
A No, we will debut Champions that need to be unlocked, but eventually they will be free (see goal 3).

Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games.

Q I don't think Alistar is a Tank
A Okay - not a question, but yes, thanks to our item system, Champions can be built different ways. That means many Champions can be played as different types (for example, as a Tank or Melee DPS). To keep things simple, we list only one type for each Champion in our statistics, but many of them can be played differently than the type we list.

Q Do the Champions rotate on the same day every week?
A No. We often synch the Champion rotation with the new content and patches we are releasing. Because we won't release the patches until they are done, this means they sometimes don't fall on the same day each week. This leads us to rotate our Champions on different days of the week to try and get even amounts of time between Champion rotations. This is also why we don't announce the exact date of the rotation.

I'll link to this post from the Champion rotation announcements to answer the questions that keep coming up. If there are more frequently asked questions, I'll post the answers here.

Thanks for all the requests for free Champions!

- RiotChris
next week can we have rumble gangplank and missfortune and malhazard and ezreal fiddlesticks ty!