How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

legacylegends

04-26-2011

cool

Tallus Valeman

04-26-2011

Hm...I would think the rotation works well...Sometimes I believe there are a few to many stuns, but, it is how you play the game. I did have a question for Riot though... Have you guys ever thought to maybe do a free skin rotation too? Perhaps do one free skin a week or something? Maybe that will help out on players buying the skins if they can afford it...I would buy a few for the champions I like, for example, Jarvan and his Dragon Slayer Skin, If I had the riot points or the cash to buy Riot Points I would definately buy it. It is just a suggestion in a question...Over all though, I love the Champion rotation...I would like to see a bit more of the champs though, Vladimir, Akali, Moakai...Just some champions I don't have that I would like to try out. Thanks Riot, keep up the good work.

Tallus

P.S. No Nocturne post this time lol...

oxFangbladexo

04-26-2011

vlad,pantheon,shaco these guys are never free.

i guess they are too cool to be free.
=P

765 Pro Takane

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallus Valeman View Post
Have you guys ever thought to maybe do a free skin rotation too? Perhaps do one free skin a week or something?

I would like to see a bit more of the champs though, Vladimir, Akali, Moakai...Just some champions I don't have that I would like to try out.
1. There's a lot of stuff about there like user videos and skin viewers to preview skins. I understand where you are coming from, but it's easy to just search it up.

http://lol.zone.gamebase.com.tw/zone/lol/skin_view

2. Agree with you, but it's random. Also, Maokai was on free week a little while a go.

ChineseFatBoy

04-26-2011

will there be any new female champions? cause there haven't been any new female champions only male

Lion Ra

Recruiter

04-26-2011

Perhaps a champion voting system? Where people vote on the champs they want to be free and riot picks out the most voted champs?

Wigluf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-26-2011

I feel the whole "let the players help us choose" thing is ok but would be better if you just did rotations based off of how heroes interact like only have 1 or 2 heroes with stun on one rotation because having a team with 3 stunners is SO annoying. Also having a new champion be free the first week it comes out is the best way yes it's like a preview but movies do the same thing don't they? give PREVIEWS of the movies so that people will see if they like them or not. Making the Released Champ free is also a good way to see what's wrong with them, do they have a glitch? Do they have an OP skill that just rips other champs apart? the only problem with making them free is that people will bicker over who gets to use them each game.

Cathelwin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jychampion View Post
Perhaps a champion voting system? Where people vote on the champs they want to be free and riot picks out the most voted champs?
This would be pretty interesting. Obviously it couldn't be as open as this, but something along the lines of having your usual 5ish "Recommended" champs, and then have 20 others for us to chose from, broken into groups,

ie: Brand - Annie
Twisted Fate - Kog

Etc etc

Firion1033

04-26-2011

would like to see akali and karth and some of the champs we never see free next week. im liking the fact that we got to irelia and kog maw this week tho

Hobbsy

Recruiter

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firion1033 View Post
would like to see akali and karth and some of the champs we never see free next week. im liking the fact that we got to irelia and kog maw this week tho
psst, karth is free this week too.