How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stalkers

04-10-2010

Having the new champions free the week after his/her release is nice but it would be a huge problem at the same time. I try not to buy champions until after i try them (I bought Kayle my first week playing just so i'd have one constant and i don't like her play style so that went south. But i am planning on buying Garen with RP once he comes out seeing as i like Katirina's style and he is a tankish version of her), but if you release them then make them free, they will be over used and the risk factor is gone so you will get less spontaneous RP usage.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

This could totally be stickied.

JordiPrice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2010

I want to buy Riot Points, I only can get them with a Wallie Card. I don't know if that is possible, if it is possible, please explane me how it works. If it isn't possible, please help me to get Riot Points!

Thnx, I hope I get an answer.

Vildenstar

04-15-2010

i would appreciate it alot if u guys put a 6300 legendary on every week to let the not so beginning players try out. if anivia is out in the next next week i'll be psyched

Lyteo

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkers View Post
Having the new champions free the week after his/her release is nice but it would be a huge problem at the same time. I try not to buy champions until after i try them (I bought Kayle my first week playing just so i'd have one constant and i don't like her play style so that went south. But i am planning on buying Garen with RP once he comes out seeing as i like Katirina's style and he is a tankish version of her), but if you release them then make them free, they will be over used and the risk factor is gone so you will get less spontaneous RP usage.

I think people will spend IP regardless. There is always something to buy. I dont see a reason for a gold sink (ip sink) in LoL so I cant imagine any sinister reason to make new champions hard to get raritys.

Spazzallo

04-15-2010

Derpity Derpit Derpins Derp

-Riot Chris

CRAYAWNZ

04-15-2010

Sometimes, if you really love something, you need to let it go. That is what needs to happen to this thread.

Gypsy

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
... thats what test realms are for :P ^^

Dixegu

04-18-2010

Hm, Corki is pretty rare guys :/ too rare! 6 Weeks without corki already(including next one), please give us the chance to test him atleast in week 23

Greetings

Lbflle

Master Recruiter

04-21-2010

How do you get these "Free champions"?