How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanksTanks

03-18-2011

next week can we have caitlyn i wanna try caitlyn out and warwick and i dont need you to keep teemo on because i can almost afford him

BanksTanks

03-18-2011

master yi is a bit to good in the game aswell and tryndamere to he is really good i would lower hes attack and ect.

Indract

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan420 View Post
to everyone that says it is free - thats because YOU have not spent money does not mean the rest of us have not spent more than a retail game costs
The only thing i can say to this is that you paying is your choice. Not sure about the point you where getting across and neither am I now. So... its still a free game so they are right?

demonheals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

i havent played in a little bit so feel free to correct me if i am wrong but i think there should be more junglers on the rotation jugleing is hard and very few like it. so we should have more junglers so we can get more junglers on teams. sorry for the bad spelling its my assessment when i was playing.(going to start again after these 4 or 5 patches are done)

Sanktion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

I can see everyone's stand on the agreement of where the new champions should be released in the champion cycle and I believe they should be released the seconded week after they are out. This is for three reasons.
1. The first week of release should serve as a benefit to the player who decided to save up or spent the money to have enough points to purchase this character from the store. This way those people sorta get an exclusive week of using that champion before he/she gets nerfed.
2. Now the second week i believe should indeed have the champion in the free champion cycle because this way, like someone else said before, more people get to play as that character allowing more feedback and how he/she should be nerfed.
3. My final reason is that in the second week when the character would be in the free cycle the "newbie" players could try him/her out and like him/her.

For example: Nocturne just came out this week and he seemed really cool in the champion spotlight and watching him be usesed by my teamates and enemies. Now I decided to save up for him. The only problem is that he is 6,300 IP points. Thats a lot, and I dont want to save up so many points just so I can buy him and realize I dont like him, or he could get incredibly nerfed by the time I save up that many points. Thats why I believe he should be put into the champion rotation next week.
This also goes for the new summoners, If they were to try Nocturne out then they may realize they like him, so they go to the store and look for him. "Oh dang. He is 6,300 IP points! Well it looks like im just going to have to play the game longer and more often to save up those points, or maybe I should just buy him with money..."-You see these thoughts would probably represent a few players after trying out a good player.
I know after I tried out Cho'Gath that I thought he was the best, so I looked at how many points he was. "Dang! 3,150! That's a bunch!" (it was for me then because I was a "newbie"). So i decided to save up for him. But buy the time I got enough points he had been on the champion cycle multiple times. I realized I just had a few good runs with him, and I didn't really like him all that much.

P.S. My friends keeps on badgering me to buy Anivia, and she (I think she is a she) looked pretty cool in her description. Like I said earlier though, 6,300 is a lot of points to me, so I decided to look at the champion cycle history. To my dismay, she didn't appear very often, so I was wondering if you put Nocturne in the cycle next week, could you possible put Anivia in the cycle the week after that? I would much appreciate it.

Your Player,
ZeeBeast

Rev0It

03-20-2011

Anivia free week pretty please!

KatarinaCatKitty

03-21-2011

I would love to test out Twisted Fate this week before i buy him but i think im to late on saying this

Damnnation

03-21-2011

Its a great idea for a great game,thanks for the free champs

MXVII

03-21-2011

Anivia is long over due. It's been 12 weeks. Based on the past rotations, Anivia should be going in and out every 7 weeks or so.

Letizen

03-21-2011

Twitch? at least one time in this season ?