How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Striker1

03-08-2011

Then if your system is sooooo balanced why is always and i mean ALWAYS free to play Ashe ? she is annoying she is not balanced -.-

doomsphree01

03-08-2011

........riot doesnt always take the feed back.....u know rite person in page 71......u mean i dont believe they will read all these pages of comments that are possible feed back......i mean all the champions should be available 1 after another and none of them repeated so that it will giv people more opinions and decisions on chars they like..... and that it wont be repetitive

note i agree with shadow striker1

Rahveel

03-08-2011

my $0.02 on the matter...

I think all champs should defiantly get their turn in the free champ spotlight. lots of good reasons for this have been covered in the last 102 pages.

however, people who have spent RP/IP on a champ need to have some form of precedence over the 'free' players. its better for the team to get an experienced player, less frustrating for those who have spent the time or money, and generally just makes sense (imo).

the best way (again imo) to implement this would be a simple UI change in champion select, for the first 10-15 seconds, only unlocked champs may be selected, after that point, the weeks free champs would be selectable. a simple cool-down animation over the free champions portrait, similar to the ingame abilities cool-down animation would allow new players to see that they needed to wait to select that weeks free champs. this would give players time to select their favorite champ, or the champ they just bought a skin for, ect..

BeckTheHam

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
I love how the free champions give you an effective preview of champions you would want to purchase eventually.

Though at the moment, the roster is incredibly large and while I appreciate all of the character variety (no characters feel, look and play the same), personally I would love to see some new maps and possibly game modes.

The two versions of Summoner's Field are neat. I absolutely adore Twisted Treeline but it doesn't seem to show up when I solo queue. One thing I love about Twisted Treeline is also the orientation view of both teams. Blue is always a little easier to play on Summoner's Field because of a slight view advantage. Twisted Treeline puts teams on equal footing in that regards and the way the forest surrounds each lane allows for nice team play and ambushes.

tl;dr: Any chance of seeing new maps this year?
Magma Chamber

MR Cruzadinha

03-09-2011

I think, Cassiopeia is looks nice. Can she will be at next week?

CherryPRO

03-09-2011

Thank`s for that info

JuRk3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

you should work on making this free champ rotation better

Duragon76

03-09-2011

I just wish they would make some new "simple" champs to play at the 450 ip level to at least have an increased amount of easier champs for new people to play.. and it wouldn't have to always be the same ones..

dudes rock

03-09-2011

i think we should have miss fortune alot more

dudes rock

03-09-2011

we should do free rp points giveaway... why dont we?