How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack3rNation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-07-2011

WOW Twitch wasnt free for over a year now

PentakillKarthus

03-07-2011

every time i buy new champions they end up being free and thats kinda annoying :l

Lord Cold Fire

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XINBONE View Post
they they would not get paid for working on this game all the time its done this way so people can play a great interactive game for free!!!......... BUT SERIOUSLY FIX THE LEAVER PROBLEM WITHOUT BANNING PEOPLE!!!!
How do you propose they fix the leaver problem without bans? They're doing the best they can to make the game better for everyone, and don't even ask that you invest a penny to play it. I haven't had as much of an issue with leavers recently, so at least for me, the system is working.

Sirius333

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzymskirajdownik View Post
Do not make Master Yi free...

Please just increase his cost to 6300 IP
HA...HA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You want to make Master Yi 6300 Ip!? He's so easy to beat! I actually think Master Yi needs a couple of buffs. He's so easy to kill if you use (now you're gonna think I'm crazy for this) a STUN!!! If no one on your team has a stun, then you deserve all the pownage Master Yi can thow at you. Which isn't much, admittably. But you still deserve it.

Brock4444

03-07-2011

I say keep on doing what you're doing. Every week or so champions change. That way there aren't the same champions for a long time and they aren't there for too short a period of time either.

ScareyCarey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Just a suggestion and plea for a future champion rotation: I would love to play as Vladmir. I was reading up on champion stories that I find interesting and stumbled upon his. Then I looked at his abilities and was just blown away. I love blood magic/blood mage type characters and he instantly piqued my curiosity. I'm probably gonna buy him with IP points either way, but I'm about 4300 short as of now so it'll be a while lol. Just my 2 cents, hope you consider it!

tayls

03-07-2011

Don't you think it's more fair if you give only 400ip champs? I think this way because people worked so hard to get some great champions. And now, it's acessed to anyone. Please right back. =)

Sylvan Ranger

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordblade1 View Post
Don't you think it's more fair if you give only 400ip champs? I think this way because people worked so hard to get some great champions. And now, it's acessed to anyone. Please right back. =)
Ok, first of all i both agree and disagree with this statement. if you are a first time player i would admit that would be great! ... However if they lower the costs of great champs, what about those players that are already on their 2nd or 3rd accounts?! that means that the champions that they mainly play would be cheaper making higher problems with smurf accounts that would eat new players to the game...

HartofLife

03-07-2011

I think that you guys just want things to benefit yourself, not the whole community.

Hart_of_Life
Drift City Player

EnchantedArrow

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=428102