The perfect solution to the smurfing problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16 Hours Ago

Riot provides an in game option for veteran players in good standing to create a free, pre leveled smurf linked to their main account. These smurf accounts will be matched only with other smurf, and any veteran accounts of similar MMR.

The smurf account will be marked as such (though other players cant see it) and the rules will be enforced more heavily for these accounts. Punishments for smurfs will also carry over to the main account.

Now the only reason for someone to be on a "true" smurf is if their main got banned. So it would be trivial to ban the obvious "true" smurfs at the first sign of toxicity, instead of waiting for it to escalate.

Meanwhile, the people who simply want to get a second shot at ranked dont have to grind for a month (or buy an account)

Riot would probably charge RP for this, but I still think it SHOULD be free.

TheManStache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15 Hours Ago

1 downvote and no comments... GD too fast?

tbc56

15 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManStache View Post
Riot provides an in game option for veteran players in good standing to create a free, pre leveled smurf linked to their main account.

The smurf account will be marked as such (though other players cant see it) and the rules will be enforced more heavily for these accounts. Punishments for smurfs will also carry over to the main account.

Now the only reason for someone to be on a "true" smurf is if their main got banned. So it would be trivial to ban the obvious "true" smurfs at the first sign of toxicity, instead of waiting for it to escalate.

Meanwhile, the people who simply want to get a second shot at ranked dont have to grind for a month (or buy an account)

Riot would probably charge RP for this, but I still think it SHOULD be free.
it would just be a bunch of bronze players doing a free get out of bronze card

Dehorn

15 Hours Ago

whats the smurfing problem?

chip4761

15 Hours Ago

OR, since we know Riot tracks connection by IP, you could just flag accounts made from IPs associated with higher ranked accounts. Then you could have those accounts prefer to battle one another, rather than low-ranked fodder.

TheManStache

15 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip4761 View Post
OR, since we know Riot tracks connection by IP, you could just flag accounts made from IPs associated with higher ranked accounts. Then you could have those accounts prefer to battle one another, rather than low-ranked fodder.
Oh good catch, I actually intended to have that be part of my post, must have alipped my mind >.< I mean to have the smurfs get matched with each other.

Dehorn

15 Hours Ago

i get an upvote with no explanation lol.

Quote:
anyone can change their ip address.

NineTales9

15 Hours Ago

because you know people will surely use that smurf option instead of making a new account and kicking the ass of new players for self satisfaction?

Ankit Naik

15 Hours Ago

Quote:
My sister just began playing the game about a month ago. If this would implemented it wouldnt be very fair to her.

TheManStache

15 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineTales9 View Post
because you know people will surely use that smurf option instead of making a new account and kicking the ass of new players for self satisfaction?
Honestly nothings going to stop people from doing that. But my idea will give people who arent *******s the option to skip a month of ruining low level games.