She should have been mine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PRC5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

If you're reading this, know that these are probably the last words about the League of Legends I will ever write.

All that it boils down to in the end is that she belonged to me, and no one else. We had a bond, a connection. We'd shared so much more then just a meeting of the minds, it was... A glorious melding of two souls, souls who had ached and burned for the other for years without knowing how badly until it that very moment.

And they tried to take her away from me, because they couldn't see what I could see; That we belonged to each other. I was hers, and she was mine.

Mine.

The first time we met was one of the first times I'd ever summoned someone to the fields of justice. I had been asked to help represent the interests of some small mining town or fishing village or something... I don't remember. All I remember is that the other summoners asked me to choose a champion who could support them, because they felt I was too inexperienced to take a more active role in the battle to come.

That was fine. I didn't really care what I did. This was early enough in my career that doing anything on the field of justice was still exciting. I thought nothing of it and chose the only support-classed champion I had enough influence to control; Kayle, the Judicator.

The battle was intense, but the bond I felt between myself and Kayle the moment she appeared on the nexus platform was even more so. She was inside my mind, and I was inside hers, and it was beautiful. I knew right away that never in the history of the League had any summoner felt this strong of a connection; This was more then just a sharing of the minds, this was destiny. This was fate.

This was love

The thing I remember the most from the battle was the way she talked to me. She felt the connection too, I just know it.

"Lead me to battle," she said. And I did. I led her up against the beastly Cho'Gath, the vile Dr. Mundo, and the cruel Katarina.

"Without Mercy!" She commanded, and so I redoubled my efforts. She knew that I could lead her like no one had ever led her before, I know she did.

"Who's next?" She queried, and I frantically did my best to giver her more and more opponents to slay.

"Come here!" she taunted one day, "I'll teach you all about the afterlife."

I knew she was taunting our foes, but I could tell that she was also talking to me. She wanted me to go to her, to be with her. She felt our connection too, and wanted us to be together. She wanted to teach me things, and I would go to her.

I promised myself then and there that after this battle, I would go to the Council's chambers, find the Judicator, and I would take her in my arms and we would be together for ever. We had to be, it was destiny.

And so, after I'd had Kayle shield Garen long enough for him to destroy the purple nexus (which he could never had done without the help of my beautiful angel), I set out across the Institute of War to the councils chambers.

The first time I saw her in person, my breath caught in my throat. She was even more ravishing in person; Her long blond locks cascading down her shoulders like a sun-kissed waterfall, her stunning blue eyes piercing through me like a pair of sapphire stars... She sat like a queen on her iron throne, listening to the complaint of some awful dog-faced peasent girl.

I knew she could feel me in the room, I just knew it. Our connection was so strong. Being the romantic fool I am, I decided to wait in line as if I were just anyone, and not her living, breathing soulmate. The minutes flew by as I thought of the perfect thing to say to her. The crow-man champion was in front of me, and his disgusting black pidgeon cawed at me.

I wanted to pluck it's eyes out. It didn't deserve to fly in the same air my beautiful Kayle did. It didn't even deseerve to breathe it. Oh well. Finally, after the ignorant cripple was done speaking to her, it was my turn. I'll never forget the way she looked at me, her eyes half closed, pretending like she wasn't extatic to see me. She's such a kidder.

"Yes?" She asked. I could feel the tension building between us. It was like a storm cloud ready to burst with a raging hurricane of our passionate love that would consume the world.

But, before she could stop pretending she didn't know me, a blue glow envelopped, and she disappeared. She had been summoned again to the field of justice. By someone else.

I was furious. Who dared come between my eternal love and me? Some selfish, idiot summoner who thought he could control her power like I could? MY BELOVED? My rage boiled under my skin like the molten rivers of the Magma Chamber, and I knew immediately what I had to do. There was nothing else for it, really.

I ran down into the armory, and rummaged through a few boxes until I found what I was looking for: a Hextech Gunblade. Weapon in hand, I marched back to the summoning chambers. My fury was as righteous as that of my beloved angel, and my reckoning would be as powerful. I kicked in the doors of the summoning room, and quickly looked about the semi-circle of summoners to see who was controlling her.

It was the old man. No doubt the crusty pervert thought that Kayle would be his, that she loved him the way she loved me. I could feel her telling me this wasn't true, like she was reaching out in revulsion and desperation, begging me to free her from this lecherous fiend's deluded control.

I raised my gunblade, and fired. I smiled with satisfaction as I watched the old man fall, his vital fluids oozing freely from the gaping hole I'd left in his balding, wrinkled head.

The other summoners, being in the middle of battle, didn't know and never would. All they saw was that their fellow summoner, this old pervert, had lost his connection to Kayle. I thought about leaving, but before I did, a thought hit me;

If these summoners were on the same team as the dirty old man, they were probably friends of his... They had known about his digusting, unhealthy obsession with my Kayle and had let it go unpunished and unreported.

I couldn't allow this.

The Hextech Gunblade was still cooling down, but I could still cut them down with it's blade. Which was exactly what I did. My sacred deed done, my angel freed, I made to leave the chamber, when I stopped.

She was there, in front of me, sword drawn and righteous fury ablaze. She had come for me, knowing what I had done to free her, and was going to be mine at last. I dropped my weapon, letting it clatter to the stones beneath my feet, and held my arms out to embrace her. To hold her.

I don't remember what happened, but I know Kayle must have tried to fight whoever it was off, because I remember her firing a bolt of Reckoning at my direction. It must have been someone behind me, and she must have been trying to save me. All I know is I woke up in this prison cell, with a parchment and a quill, and was told by a gaurd that I'd been slated for execution.

I can hear Fiddlesticks laughing in the next cell, but I'm not worried. Kayle will Intervene on my behalf. She'll save me.

She loves me.

PRC5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

I originally had this in General, but was asked to bring it here, so I did

Pigmeo

01-20-2011

nicely done, pretty cool and sort of creepy too...

Rafeo

01-20-2011

It's still good the second time.

sp1d3r

01-20-2011

Quote:
If you're reading this, know that these are probably the last words about the League of Legends I will ever write.
Why?

SethCypher

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3d1ps View Post
Why?
I could be wrong...but I do believe that first statement was also part of the excerpt.

sp1d3r

01-20-2011

Quote:
I could be wrong...but I do believe that first statement was also part of the excerpt.
O, sounded like he was uninstalling but before he did, he wanted to share this story.

SethCypher

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3d1ps View Post
O, sounded like he was uninstalling but before he did, he wanted to share this story.
Well if you read it carefully, the Summoner who is writing this is in a cellar right now awaiting his execution. He's got parchment and quill in hand to write his last words before his execution. Its a pretty straight forward method to tell a story, though I can see where the confusion comes from. Besides, uninstalling has little to do with Lore.

@Xashrid Short but very sweet. It basically tells us that perhaps not all Summoners become right in the mind.

SciencePrime

01-20-2011

This is awesome.

PRC5

01-20-2011

I'm glad you guys liked it, haha.