Grammar issues in Renekton's Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undead Mantis

01-19-2011

Go into your client, find Renekthon's story, and read the following towards the end of it:

Quote:
Believing that the familiar scent who guide him to the solace which was fading from his memory, he his brother all the way to the Institute of War.
?????

Is it SUPPOSED to read:

Quote:
Believing that the familiar scent would guide him to the solace which was fading from his memory, he followed his brother all the way to the Institute of War.
Even then, it sounds really awkward. "...would guide him to the solace that was fading from his memory..." What does that really even mean? He thinks killing Nasus would bring him solace?

Runaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Yeah, this essentially makes no sense; I noticed it a few nights ago. I think your "translation" is correct, though. Renekton wants to find his brother so Nasus can defeat him, thus granting him solace from the rage that torments him. It sounds a bit awkward, but it follows the lore, I think.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

01-19-2011

Ya, Renekton wants Nasus to kill him.

SethCypher

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Mantis View Post
Even then, it sounds really awkward. "...would guide him to the solace that was fading from his memory..." What does that really even mean? He thinks killing Nasus would bring him solace?
Solace is defined as comfort in times of distress or sadness. I think it makes sense, what little sanity he has left is drifting from his mind, thus he needs someone to kill him to bring him comfort or peace.