Alistar Item Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DocDemento

01-13-2010

For my tanks Alistar is my main. But a problem I have with him is that early game I rock pretty hard. I can usually feed a good lane partner with several kills but by midgame I'll have Boots of Mobility and Innervating Locket, and it seems like I am usually stuck figuring what I should do next. I have went Sheen for pushing speed. I have went Phantom Dancer for tanking/pushing/dpsing, and I have went magic resist/armor for beefier tanking. It seems no matter which way I go I fizzle out in being as effective as I was for early game. Anyone have any suggestions that could step my game up? After my midgame fail I usually just tower dive using cd's to punt a silly carry to my team or topple a tower and hope my team has done well enough to make up for my fail.

Mpalm

01-13-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Alist...4bb48c8440fad4

Those are a bunch of items I shoot for (boots can be a few choices). For the most part, I usually don't get sheen etc. until after aegis / frozen heart because I play him as more of a tank than damage dealer. You really aren't supposed to carry, just being on the battlefield with heals, flash in with pulverize, and headbutting opponents into your team is enough to turn the tide of battles.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

team buffs and items that max your cooldown reduction allow you to contribute more to teamfights. Also it is hard to ignore hits from Alistar that are Sheen powered, or Triforce powered. I try to stray away from Innervating Locket builds, as that proves more effective for early game push strats.

Baron Corm

01-13-2010

Just recently dominated a game with AP Alistar. That is one build which remains relevant. 500 damage Pulverizes and Headbutts coming your way. Build it the same way as AP Cho'Gath. Mejai's, Sorcerer's boots, Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart. Believe me, with the health from RoA and armor from FH, plus 70% damage reduction from your ultimate, you can still tank like it's nobody's business.

Zoman

01-13-2010

I've actually been playing a fair amount of Allistar lately. Something like won 9 of my last 10 games. Though I do a fair amount of duo and tri queing. So I'm usually well coordinated with my lane partner (who is usually singed).

Ti start I play ultra aggressive, non-stop kocking back so they are missing out on exp just before my creeps dies, i'm always looking to gank and with singed we pretty much dominated our lane early game. If he gets a fling that person is 75% going to die.

With that said I need tons of mana early. I go mana manipulator, then boots of switness, then philosophers stone, followed by spirit visage or right for sunfire cloak, then I usually finish the manipulator in to a soul shroud (think thats what its called hp/mana regen/cd red item). My summoner skills are imp flash/imp clarity.

With this general set-up I have what amounts to infinite mana for all intent and purposes. It allows me my super aggressive early play style. The problem with this set-up is mid game between levels 10-15ish. This is where I really have no hp/mr/armor items while I'm saving money to build an item that fills the best 2 of those stats based on the opponent. At this point in the game I'm relying on my ultimate to sustain me in any meaningful fight which can be tough but once you ride out this patch allistar is a pretty beast tank. My rune page is all tier 3, red crit, yellow, dodge, blue cd red @ 18. 2 dodge quins and a cd red quin. I also play him as 0/9/21.

Also i'm not a super fan of innervating locket versus say a soul shroud or sunfire cloak.

Lightwrks

01-13-2010

Drop the Innervating locket until your final item. Try Aegis and Trinity force more often!

Prospero

01-13-2010

Innervating locket isn't worth it. The tiny bit of mana your teammates will get isn't worth nearly as much as you getting your cooldowns reduced for more stuns/headbutts. This is especially true if you go with an AP build.

Dragonmount

01-13-2010

I usually build:

Mana manipulator
Lvl 1 boots + Giants Belt
Finish Soul Shroud, Boots of Swiftness
Aegis of the Legion

Start on Trinity if we're winning
Start Banshee's if we're even
Start GA if we're losing

Lightwrks

BORF

01-14-2010

EDIT: First off, you should not go for damage on Alistar. This will cause you to get kills, which your team should get instead, and it will make you not focus on stunning/tanking/headbutting well. Alistar should always try to avoid getting kills and just try to get assists.

You should probably not get Innervating Locket. It's pretty useless compared to other things you could have. My friend and I both play very good Alistars and usually feed the non-Alistar person lots of kills and tank/initiate very well during team fights.

-Doran's Ring
-Sage's Ring this mana is a must have early game if you're feeding your lane partner
-Boots of Speed-> Boots of Swiftness/Mercury Treads
-Finish the Sage's Ring into Glacial Shroud then frozen heart unless they're all casters. The cool downs also make you much better in team fights, because you can usually stun at twice in short fights now.

-After that your cool downs are close to maxed and your have the most helpful aura item, so just build for pure tanking. Get armour/magic resist, whichever is necessary, and Giant's Belts